Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Ditching landline Broadband.

• 11-10-2012 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

I have decided that I want rid of my slow 4096 / 384 DSL so called broadband, currently its being provided by an eircom reseller and im out of contract.

i want to cancel this line, port the landline number to VOIP service, and then sign up for an alternative internet service, one that does not involve an eircom line.

cannot get digiweb metro, upc, FWA, in my location.

that leaves satellite / imagine wimax / mobile 3g bb

looking for recommendations here, on what solution to go with !

( currently i also have 2 bill pay mobile broadband connections with different operators as backup also)

onwave speeds look good, but seem very pricey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Sorry to be blunt but you are wasting your time if you think any of those options are better than what you have currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

UTCGMT01 wrote: »
    I have decided that I want rid of my slow 4096 / 384 DSL so called broadband,

cannot get digiweb metro, upc, FWA, in my location.

that leaves satellite / imagine wimax / mobile 3g bb

Your slow broadband is 100 times better than any of the options you've outlined.

Advertisement