Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying a chip van...

Options
  • 12-10-2012 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a chip van...

Apart from a license, health certs etc... what else would i need to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there. Can you be a bit more clear about what you want to know?
    Do you mean what food do you need to stock? How to cook it? How to serve it?

These forums are more for the discussion of food & drink within the home & not really about commercial catering. One would assume that if you were going into the catering business that you would have the relevant college education & qualifications & know what is needed to operate a mobile catering business.

But if you give us a bit more info, we may be able to help you somehow... :)

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Mmm, i'd love a Hillbilly's right about now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

• Industry experience and expertise
    • A business plan

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Go half on the chip van with a friend and wait for a world cup with ireland in it
    ,it will be great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭JajaD

Im a masters business graduate. Lots of food experience. What i just need to know is do I need a particular license, for example: stopping outside a wedding reception (there is a trend I have noticed where chip vans are called out to a wedding for late night grub), for weekend markets, festivals etc...

Also, what restrictions are there on chipper vans?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

JajaD you might get the information you need over in the Entrepreneurial & Business Management forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=106

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

JajaD wrote: »
    Im a masters business graduate. Lots of food experience. What i just need to know is do I need a particular license, for example: stopping outside a wedding reception (there is a trend I have noticed where chip vans are called out to a wedding for late night grub), for weekend markets, festivals etc...

Also, what restrictions are there on chipper vans?
    As you query does not relate to a discussion on neither food nor drink I would take my co-mod's advice & see what the good folk in the Biz category have to say.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement