Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild celery and wild leeks

Options
  • 12-10-2012 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,462 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have any suggestions where I might look for seeds of wild celery (I think the greek Selino would be the nearest) or wild leeks (I think they are grown as Ramps in the US). Chiltern Seeds would be my first guess, but they do not have them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Celery I can't help with (apart from looking in the wild ??)

Leeks..I have "three cornered leek" growing in my garden which is one species of the wild version I think....It can be quite invasive....

If you have no luck with the seeds, I can give you some (hopefully) when the clumps reappear in the Spring...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

Go with technophobe for established plants - I tried three cornered leeks and failed:confused:
    Also, try realseeds.co.uk

A similar available plant I have is wild garlic that I got from seedaholic.com or seedaholics.com, never can remember the nake

Advertisement