Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfect Line - Terrible Service

Options
  • 12-10-2012 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a bit of an issue that I hope you can assist with.
    I have been having constant issues for the past 2 weeks with my previously fine connection. Constant line disconnects and PPPOE disconnects also.
    My line quality was fine up until recently when my SNR ratio has went through the floor - fluctuating massively and dropping as low a 4db.

I had an engineer come out to the house while I was not there and his sole function was to ring the call center and drop me even further to a 12mb IP Profile from the 17 that I had settled for when I signed up. He firstly claimed that he was only dropping the connection to 16mb, and also claimed that this made the noise margin shoot up to 13db, once I got home I realized that he had actually dropped me to 12 and that the SNR had went to to a still extremely unsteady 7-9db.
    I find it quite unsavory to have engineers on staff who outright lie as to what they are doing when they have someone who is not technically minded speaking to them (My partner was at home at the time)

Ive requested another engineer to come out as there is obviously a physical problem that cannot be solved by infinitely dropping my IP profile.

My real issue is that my line attenuation is almost perfect at 11db, I argued as to why I was put on a 17mb profile initally on purchase, but I was relativly happy with it. At 11db, and aving the exchange within view of my house (Its one street across) Eircom should have absolulty no problem offering me a full rate 24mb connection.

But to be dropped to a 12mb profile is just a joke considering my proximity to the exchange and the fact that Im in a highly urban area.

Advertisement