Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DMT

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Jake1 wrote: »
    Just curious, as Ive never tried it, (or heard much about it either to be honest),
    but I am wondering what the bad side effects would be. You know how sometimes you hear of people 'taking' bad trips, also would there be any nausea associated with it? Im just assuming there has to be a bad side, as with most things. Would be interested in hearing peoples experience of that.

There ya go

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_DMT_Bad_Trips.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

tdv123 wrote: »
    Supposedly it's like a Diphenhydramine trip but more intense, shorter & insaner. I tried out DPH before & wasn't something I'd like to experience again.

It is nothing like a Diphenhydramine trip. Diphenhydramine is a deliriant at high doses and extremely dangerous. Being delirious is in no way comparable to the effects of DMT, which though intense, are very euphoric.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

anhedonia wrote: »
    It is nothing like a Diphenhydramine trip. Diphenhydramine is a deliriant at high doses and extremely dangerous. Being delirious is in no way comparable to the effects of DMT, which though intense, are very euphoric.

It's actually a antihistamine but yes as you say in high doses it has deliriant effects.

I've never tried DMT, but you say it has no bad side effects? Seems to be a lot of people who would disagree with you on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

bad side effects could be psychosis lasting weeks/ months, not a nice experience.

it's a powerful drug but unless your mentally unstable or have a history of mental illness it should be a safe experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

The only bad thing about it for me was the smell/taste, its vile, like melting plastic. However with all this talk about it i might spark up my pipe tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

What are you on about? Dopamine is a neurotransmitter, one of your brain's 'reward chemicals', not a treatment for Parkinson's. Parkinson's is caused by lack of dopamine or something though afaik.

Medications that increase the level of dopamine in the brain are the favoured treatment for Parkinsons, thats what I meant, humble apologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

tdv123 wrote: »
    It's actually a antihistamine but yes as you say in high doses it has deliriant effects.

I've never tried DMT, but you say it has no bad side effects? Seems to be a lot of people who would disagree with you on that.

Yeah all of the antihistamines that have anticholinergic properties become deliriants at recreational doses, benadryl, dramamine etc

They are reknowned for the most unpleasant trips imaginable, nightmares indistinguishable from reality, horrible spiders everywhere type ****. With other psychadelics you kinda know in the back of your mind that you're just tripping, but not with these, hence deliriant.

There's a great vice show on scopolamine, a drug used by prostitutes in Colombia on unsuspecting jons to throw them into hellish nightmares while robbing them blindly and/or killing them. Link:

Im sure some might find DMT too intense, you certainly wouldnt want to do it in a public place, as its very overpowering, but it really is over before you can even comprehend whats happening to you. Also a good nights sleep can be had shortly after a DMT blast, which you dont find with other halluciongens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Thats why it got the name businessman's acid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

it sounds very like true blood.

• Advertisement

So where does one get it, not that I want to try it, but is it something you'd get from dealers or in a head shop? I imagine it would be difficult to find if illegal, unlike Salvia??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

^^I wouldn't recommend getting it online. It's a very lengthy process to prepare. Very difficult to achieve a good product. < Ayahuasca that is. DMT is a different matter.

Oh and apparently if you eat a bannana while on Ayahuasca you'll die. And you need to fast for at least 6 hours to be safe. Just sayin.

Good video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

My true blood post was thinking this might be some type of scene you might compare it to,

when they drank vamp blood it took them of to some fantastical place, while it is not true it might be some type of vision which looks like somewhere it might take you, while I would think it might be very dangerous, if it is a chemical that can create dreams it must also create nightmares, not something I would like to chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I have had it vapourised twice and it was a most intense trip to who knows where for tens minutes. The main positive effect from it was for the next week or 2 I felt a lot better pre the DMT experience. It does some reseting of crap going on in your brain I feel.

I'm not sure if I will ever take it again, it is something that you can do once and never need to again.

It is far less dangerous than other psychs as you basically get stuck to the chair for the entire experience, no chance of jumping out of windows or running down the road naked in front of a bus.
    A trip sitter is highly advisable as with all psychs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Only ever tried it once
    Within moments of taking it the bus to wierdsville arrives and sh*t starts to get very strange.
    Thing is, as mad as everything that happens is, it never happens for long enough for you to dwell on it or absorb it, before the next, and next and next.
    It is intense, rapid fire intense.
    You have never seen colours so clearly, nor felt so emotionally connected to those colours, or their sounds - you did know that red has a sound didnt you?
    The thing is that although you do remember the experience, it is like watching a poor mobile phone recording of a concert you went to, and the recording fades very quickly afterwards.
    The reason I would not do it again is because of the 'encounter' I had during my trip. The alien experience that others have referred to.
    I wasnt afraid, it all felt quite like it was destined to be. There were bright lights, shadowy figures, and all communication was by thought, not words.
    In a second of time that felt like decades I exchanged thoughts, plans, ideas, hopes, dreams, and memories with the otherworldly being.
    We asked each other questions.
    The problem, the thing that put me off it for good, came just near the end when I asked the question
    'what do you want from me'?
    The reply... three fidddy.
    Thats when I realised that it was not an alien, but was in fact the Loch Ness Monster and I was dammed sure I was not gonna give him nothin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Jake1 wrote: »
    So where does one get it, not that I want to try it, but is it something you'd get from dealers or in a head shop? I imagine it would be difficult to find if illegal, unlike Salvia??

It's quite easy to extract from the natural plant material, it's against the charter here to go into any detail but a google search will reveal all.

• Advertisement

It's quite easy to extract from the natural plant material, it's against the charter here to go into any detail but a google search will reveal all.

Probably easy when you have the knowhow, first time is a bit of a nightmate though.. Just getting the right water can be a hassil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Suceed

Daithi 1 wrote: »

Oh and apparently if you eat a bannana while on Ayahuasca you'll die.

You won't die, but you might get a bad dose of the runs :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

Hard to come by from your average street dealer, but you can buy it online and have it posted to you.

Alternatively you could root out some Ayahuasca shamans the practice in the UK & host retreats every few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dasdog

Leaves an awful taste in your wisdom teeth. Import bark, buy chemicals, two week process (supposedly) for a B'idnessmans high.

I wont be buying it:) but really like reading about such things. Some people seem to get so much from certain experiences. Some of it sounds so magical.

But Im a big scaredy cat, so I'll leave this it out :)

Often thought about eboga root too, I read that some people claim to meet thier ancestors in a trip.But they do get violently ill too .

Amazing that some plants and extracts can do such things to a persons mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Is it similar to salvia? I had a bizarre trip on that where I thought I'd broken the fourth wall of my own life; too short though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Been researching this for the last few days. I think I would prefer to go down the ayahusca route to try it.

Good video below on the ayahuasca experience.

Funny and informative.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭EireGreg

There is no way of describing a full on salvia or dmt trip to someone who hasn't experienced it, no fücking way. It is so far beyond....everything, there are no words.
    It's like waking up, dying and being told the meaning of life all at the same moment....ego destroyed, mind blown.
    First Message on boards had to sign up when i seen this topic
    the description above is spot on,iv done changa countless time and without a doubt it is the most amazing substance ,chemical, what ever you would like to call it known to man i really am of the opinion that when proper research and studys are done on this substance it will reveal amazing answers and properly a lot more questions.I Would like anyone that has not done it not to even try picture or comprehend what this is and for all the people that compare it to other drugs please educate yourself on it before you form your opinion check out a great site just google dmt nexus and give it a few hours reading
    This isnt a drug this is something more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

jesus and I thought a ket hole was mindblowing,

this thread has me fascinated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

kjl wrote: »
    Have you heard about this chemical, Dimethyltryptamine or DMT for short. It is produced in your pineal gland and they think it might be responsible for dreaming. It's also a class A narcotic and considered to be one of the worlds strongest hallucinogenic.

This chemical is found in every living organism, both plant and animal and can be extracted. It is either smoked or drank in a tea called ayahuasca.

Users describe the trip as being taken out of this dimension and visiting another one where you are guided by aliens. The whole trip lasts about 7 min and when you are back in this dimension the memory of the trip fades very quickly.

There is a great documentary called DMT the spirit molecule which has scientists and users talking about it.

I suppose my question to you guys is why is this illegal if technically you are in possession of it now and why has nobody heard about it, if there is this drug that lets you explore another dimension and communicate with aliens why are more people not talking about it?
    Hmm. Own question answered?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

It sounds interesting, and yet terrifying. Id like to experience it but to be honest I see myself having terrible reactions to it. Seeing as simple weed makes me piss sweat, puke, and nearly collapse with feeling sick. Every damn time :(

It sounds interesting, and yet terrifying. Id like to experience it but to be honest I see myself having terrible reactions to it. Seeing as simple weed makes me piss sweat, puke, and nearly collapse with feeling sick. Every damn time :(

as i said mate no drug is even in the same room never mind on the same shelve as this dont compare it to any other drug. right now if u have not done it you really cant comprehend what its like iv seen things and been places only other users of dmt could understand i could sit here and try to explain but even then u would be a million miles from what its like i recommend it to everyone i have not known anyone to not enjoy it theres allways the fuzzy feeling in you stomach even for me because your really blasting off into the unexplained. i really hope more media and other outlets latch onto this and bring it mainstream so it can be looked at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Is DMT similar to 2Cb?

2cB Is crazy......

Is DMT similar to 2Cb?

2cB Is crazy......
    it is as much like 2cb as it is like water no drug can be compared beside it u really got to understand that check out dmt nexus read the boards theres a step by step guide very easy in how to extract your own everything u can buy handy enough u just got to order the bark from a certain tree online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

I know a fella who tried it in Brazil once, said it was good stuff. It's illegal the same as just about every other drug, as the pro-prohibitionists usually get their way when it comes to these things. One thing that can be said about DMT though, is that it's not just having a spliff or two and enjoying some music with friends, or having a few pints at the pub or disco at the weekend - it is some pretty intense sh!t, not to be messed with or taken lightly. Not something you'd be doing on a regular basis, and something one would have to extremely careful taking, because a bad trip on that stuff would be truly a traumatic and frightening experience.

• Advertisement

This is a new Graham Hancock talk at TEDx that's well worth a listen.
    Graham Hancock tells the story of his 24-year relationship with cannabis brought to an abrupt halt in 2011 after an encounter with ayahuasca, the sacred visionary brew of the Amazon. Along the way he explores the mystery of death, the problem of consciousness, and the implications for the human future of a society that wages total war on true cognitive liberty.

Graham Hancock is the author of The Sign and the Seal,Fingerprints of the Gods, Keeper of Genesis, Heaven's Mirror,Supernatural and other bestselling investigations of historical mysteries.

His books have been translated into twenty-seven languages and have sold over five million copies worldwide. His public lectures and broadcasts, including two major TV series, Quest for the Lost Civilisation, and Flooded Kingdoms of the Ice Age, have further established his reputation as an unconventional thinker who raises controversial questions about humanity's past. Hancock's first venture into fiction, Entangled, was published in 2010 and his second novel, War God, on the Spanish Conquest of Mexico, will be published in April 2013.

In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    This is a new Graham Hancock talk at TEDx that's well worth a listen.

Saw this on Youtube last week really interesting.

On a slightly off topic note, anybody know if salvia is still legal in Ireland, finding conflicting information online :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It sounds somewhat similar to salvia, if that's still available you could try that. Although you might not want too if cannabis has that affect on you. A friend of mine pissed his pants his trip was so scary. Although weeks later he said that after he had time to assimilate the experience it was beneficial in the long run.

My first trip was so unexpected I was on a major buzz from it, the second time it got weird and scary and I have no intention of doing it again. It's odd.

Although both times I tried it I was after having a feed of drink so maybe the drink wasn't compatible with the salvia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Aspiring wrote: »
    Saw this on Youtube last week really interesting.

On a slightly off topic note, anybody know if salvia is still legal in Ireland, finding conflicting information online :confused:

That twat Harney brought in blanket legislation which banned ALL psychoactive substances, so yeah Salvia is illegal.

Everything is illegal unless stated otherwise in the following document.

http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/bills28/bills/2010/3410/34a10s.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

I've smoked DMT in the past - mate brought over a few hits from the UK about 15 years ago.........had forgotten about it TBH - smoked a hit of it in the bong then spent the next 40 mins to an hour on my back looking at the crazy fractal pattern emerging on the roof - nice enough - my mate had a screamer though and ended up on his knees hugging our legs

That twat Harney brought in blanket legislation which banned ALL psychoactive substances, so yeah Salvia is illegal.

Everything is illegal unless stated otherwise in the following document.

http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/bills28/bills/2010/3410/34a10s.pdf

Well that's a load of bollix anyway was hoping of getting it without feeling shady. But ordering it in wouldn't be caught out would it..?

Salvia is legal most places so it's a bit strange.

Was hoping to try Salvia as a kind-of substitute for my dream of DMT :D Hoping to go to Peru later on in life and trying Ayahuasca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Reading that it seems it might be illegal to sell specifically for the purposes of smoking, but can still have the "not for human consumption" loophole.

Otherwise woodies will have to stop selling stuff which would fall under their definition.

I thought salvia got over looked? I remember that being one of the only drugs they had left on the shelves after the ban.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I thought salvia got over looked? I remember that being one of the only drugs they had left on the shelves after the ban.

See this is what I mean nobody seems to be sure :rolleyes:, this gets my hopes up tho hoping to get some for the summer and didn't want any hassle ordering it in.

• Advertisement

See this is what I mean nobody seems to be sure :rolleyes:, this gets my hopes up tho hoping to get some for the summer and didn't want any hassle ordering it in.
    I don't think there's any shop that would stock it in any more though which would be the problem. You would have to order it from abroad. You don't need an awful lot of it though. A few grams would be more than enough for a few people.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't think there's any shop that would stock it in any more though which would be the problem. You would have to order it from abroad. You don't need an awful lot of it though. A few grams would be more than enough for a few people.

Yeah I know just worry about it getting checked somehow haha I'm just paranoid and would have trouble having it delivered since I'm not the only person in the house as i'm sharing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Magnetics

DMT, in the ayahuasca form, is currently being used to treat serious drug addictions to great effect.

In Canada it was used to treat heroin addicts with a success rate of over 40%, which is a lot higher % than current conventional methods. The practise was shut down though because the possesion of ayahuasca is of course, illegal

It works on the principle that when people have taken it, they completely analyse their life, showing them the pain and suffering their addiction is causing themelves and to their loved ones

I know a few people who tried it while traveling South America and they say it was one of the most valuable experiences they've had. It's definitely on my to-do list

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pilacho

You'll be grand ordering it. It's the most illusive of the lot of the teacher plants, still sold in a lot of countries when everything else gets banned. Find a place that will package it as incense or similar. It's nothing like DMT really. It's totally alien whereas DMT seems to be more 'human friendly'. Try it by all means, but I doubt it will be something you will want to make a huge commitment to. Ayahuasca is your man, or woman, and heading down to Peru you will get to drink it in its natural habitat. Maybe start off with some caapi only brews to get a feel for it first, pretty difficult to get decent chacruna as it's pretty touch and go over here.

Magnetics wrote: »
    DMT, in the ayahuasca form, is currently being used to treat serious drug addictions to great effect.

In Canada it was used to treat heroin addicts with a success rate of over 40%, which is a lot higher % than current conventional methods. The practise was shut down though because the possesion of ayahuasca is of course, illegal

It works on the principle that when people have taken it, they completely analyse their life, showing them the pain and suffering their addiction is causing themelves and to their loved ones

I know a few people who tried it while traveling South America and they say it was one of the most valuable experiences they've had. It's definitely on my to-do list

And even better for breaking addiction seems to be ibogaine from Africa. It's the one plant out there that I can't see myself trying tho. I think there are a few clinics in the UK that offer ibogaine treatment for heroin addiction.

Pilacho wrote: »
    You'll be grand ordering it. It's the most illusive of the lot of the teacher plants, still sold in a lot of countries when everything else gets banned. Find a place that will package it as incense or similar. It's nothing like DMT really. It's totally alien whereas DMT seems to be more 'human friendly'. Try it by all means, but I doubt it will be something you will want to make a huge commitment to. Ayahuasca is your man, or woman, and heading down to Peru you will get to drink it in its natural habitat. Maybe start off with some caapi only brews to get a feel for it first, pretty difficult to get decent chacruna as it's pretty touch and go over here.

Have you ever ordered online looking for somewhere trustworthy!

Yeah to go to Peru has been a dream of mine since I learned about it.

• Advertisement

Have you ever ordered online looking for somewhere trustworthy!

Yeah to go to Peru has been a dream of mine since I learned about it.

I went down there in 07 for 6 weeks. Been wanting to make it back again.
    I'll send you a pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Graham Hancock asking Richard Dawkins to try some DMT for science :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Wouldn't mind trying it, though I haven't seen it here or know anyone that would know where to get it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE ?

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/d6263?lang=en&region=IE Product D6263 has been discontinued.
    :(

*searching*

5-METHOXY-N,N-DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE

:cool:

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/m2381?lang=en&region=IE Product M2381 has been discontinued; :(

*but wait*

however, we still have inventory in stock. :)

Please select from the available pack size(s) below.
    :D

*yes*

M2381-5G

5G ?

ah ... 5g

*sweet*

BACKORDERED - Estimated Delivery Date 13.06.2013 :rolleyes:

*june*

*sigh*

*gets credit card*

€602 for 5g :eek:

*must be fierce stuff altogether*