Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAC Pool availability

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

longshank wrote: »
    To be fair a good atitude to customer service costs nothing. If management allows such an attitude take hold it wont be long before it spreads to the high performance side of things as well. Does your attitude to your athletes depend on how much they pay you?

let me put it this way when i fly ryainair for 20 euro i expect no customer service, when i fly luthansa for 150 euro i do. and iam realistic enough that my 20 euro ryainer flight has a catch here and there.( and i dont buy a 150 euro ryainair flight)
    but i make a choice what i want service or a cheap price . As i say i see where el director comes from iam just saying he is paying way below whats common for even 25 pools, and i totally agree with tunneys point at a 3 times higher rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭longshank

peter kern wrote: »
    let me put it this way when i fly ryainair for 20 euro i expect no customer service, when i fly luthansa for 150 euro i do. and iam realistic enough that my 20 euro ryainer flight has a catch here and there.( and i dont buy a 150 euro ryainair flight)
    but i make a choice what i want service or a cheap price . As i say i see where el director comes from iam just saying he is paying way below whats common for even 25 pools, and i totally agree with tunneys point at a 3 times higher rate.

I think there is a difference between attitude(free) and service provided (cost).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Piranha use specific lanes if they are training there at specific times. So why would he be in the members lane if swimming as a Piranha??

Piranha were a victim of their own success - too many in a lane. I used to ask friends in Piranha "why bother with those numbers?" hand to foot for the entire length, too many people to get coaching tips. Inevitably people would get pi$$ed off so those were Westwood members swam in a members lane. Fine - except the lane configuration was slow, medium, fast, fast, medium, slow and piranha would have the slow, medium, fast and the lads would jump in the other fast lane to be near their club mates - but they weren't fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

peter kern wrote: »
    let me put it this way when i fly ryainair for 20 euro i expect no customer service, when i fly luthansa for 150 euro i do.

Probably a bad example to use Lufthansa given my own recent experiences:)

My local pool has gone the same way, there seems to be more time put aside for schools, clubs etc and only certain times for members to swim. It does not help that the pool water quality always seems to be poor, especially after the shools have been in:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

tunney wrote: »
    Piranha were a victim of their own success - too many in a lane. I used to ask friends in Piranha "why bother with those numbers?" hand to foot for the entire length, too many people to get coaching tips. Inevitably people would get pi$$ed off so those were Westwood members swam in a members lane. Fine - except the lane configuration was slow, medium, fast, fast, medium, slow and piranha would have the slow, medium, fast and the lads would jump in the other fast lane to be near their club mates - but they weren't fast.

Ah now I get you. If I'm ever in Westwood I'm in the beginners lane on the far side so wouldn't know what happens on the fast side. As a Piranha, it's a shame you had a negative experience, but we're mostly really nice people ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Happy to report that I have received a response from the Sports Director at the NAC in relation to my original post. It was a detailed response and he went to lengths to explain the situation.
    He acknowledged the plans over the last few weeks (post Olympics to be accurate) and lack of communications has impacted the general members.

So as it stands, the website has been updated to inform of pool availability (especially on Tuesday and Thursday). I have also seen signs up in the pool area informing members of this availability. Simple but effective measures.

I am satisfied that my feedback has been listened to and acted on. Communications is key for members.

There is still an open question around pool staff attitude and lane management. Only time will tell if that improves, but I have been promised that something will be done about it.

At times it does pay to have a good moan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Happy to report that I have received a response from the Sports Director at the NAC in relation to my original post. It was a detailed response and he went to lengths to explain the situation.
    He acknowledged the plans over the last few weeks (post Olympics to be accurate) and lack of communications has impacted the general members.

So as it stands, the website has been updated to inform of pool availability (especially on Tuesday and Thursday). I have also seen signs up in the pool area informing members of this availability. Simple but effective measures.

I am satisfied that my feedback has been listened to and acted on. Communications is key for members.

There is still an open question around pool staff attitude and lane management. Only time will tell if that improves, but I have been promised that something will be done about it.

At times it does pay to have a good moan :D

But was any comment made about the lack of lane space especially in the afternoons?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Rather than start a new thread for a small question, does anyone know the NAC opening hours for this weekend, as their usually brilliant website :rolleyes: has nothing on it, and their phoneline is just as good.

Cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'd say your best bet is to ask them on Facebook. They seem to use the page.

Edit: Kids part open all day 16th - 18th http://www.nationalaquaticcentre.ie/NAC_TimesPrices.php

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Times listed at http://www.nationalaquaticcentre.ie/NAC_TimesPrices.php

Looks like normal hours. Was up there tonight and no signs up, so looking good.

Must say, there signage has improved a lot.

All they need now is more lane availability for non academy swimmers and some lane management

• Advertisement
Advertisement