Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downgrade from iOS 6 to previous iOS 5 version

• 12-10-2012 9:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has successfully downgraded from iOS 6 to the most recent version of 5?

iOS 6 has caused huge problems for Exchange Activesync users on their Calendars.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/10/08/ios-6-problems-bug-companies/

Slowly the word seems to be spreading not to upgrade yet if you use Exchange Activesync for Email/Calendar

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

donaghs wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone has successfully downgraded from iOS 6 to the most recent version of 5?

iOS 6 has caused huge problems for Exchange Activesync users on their Calendars.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/10/08/ios-6-problems-bug-companies/

Slowly the word seems to be spreading not to upgrade yet if you use Exchange Activesync for Email/Calendar

Thanks

Hasn't caused me any problems in Exchange/Outlook calendars.
    I've been using iOS 6 since the final beta - and have never had an issue with meetings being deleted etc.

We actually did a test on this earlier this week - where i declined a meeting request on the iPhone, the meeting wasn't deleted.

#JustSaying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭donaghs

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Hasn't caused me any problems in Exchange/Outlook calendars.
    I've been using iOS 6 since the final beta - and have never had an issue with meetings being deleted etc.

We actually did a test on this earlier this week - where i declined a meeting request on the iPhone, the meeting wasn't deleted.

#JustSaying

I can't replicate it either. But the problem is still growing. I think its because its intermittant and unpredicatable. Previous iOS versions had similar issues, but not on this scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I can't replicate it either. But the problem is still growing. I think its because its intermittant and unpredicatable. Previous iOS versions had similar issues, but not on this scale.

So one website says that one unknown company has problems and you want to downgrade your system that has not caused you any problems?

murpho999 wrote: »
    So one website says that one unknown company has problems and you want to downgrade your system that has not caused you any problems?

Its not my iPhone which is important. And not just my company. The reports are coming in slowly, trying to build up a picture of how exactly it occurs. Need to have a contigency plan, and downgrading to a more reliable iOS sounds like one. Talking to other friends working in IT who've brought iPhones into the workplace, the same issues are starting to filter through.

No point waiting around for the problem to occur, people to miss meetings, lose business, etc. They won't be impressed with the "newer is better" explanation! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Apple doesn't support rolling back to old versions.

Depending on the device you can use redmond, at your own risk of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Its not my iPhone which is important. And not just my company. The reports are coming in slowly, trying to build up a picture of how exactly it occurs. Need to have a contigency plan, and downgrading to a more reliable iOS sounds like one. Talking to other friends working in IT who've brought iPhones into the workplace, the same issues are starting to filter through.

No point waiting around for the problem to occur, people to miss meetings, lose business, etc. They won't be impressed with the "newer is better" explanation! :)

I think you're just over-reacting and being over cautious to be honest.

This is not a widespread problems.

Also, when new Apple products and software releases come out there are websites that thrive on seeking out tiny problems and try to make them out to be widespread.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think you're just over-reacting and being over cautious to be honest.

This is not a widespread problems.

Also, when new Apple products and software releases come out there are websites that thrive on seeking out tiny problems and try to make them out to be widespread.

When your boss misses a meeting, and his boss has issues too, you can't over-react by trying identify a problem, and look for solutions and workarounds. Even if you're just protecting your job :)

And in fairness, in someone's job relies upon having a functioning Calendar, its too risky to rely on their iPhone, even if this issue is intermittant and unpredicatable.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/blog/tony-redmonds-exchange-unwashed-50/office-365/activesync-problems-ios6-144453

Advertisement