Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Tattoo Convention 2012

Options
  • 12-10-2012 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    just wondering if anyone knows if the Dublin tattoo convention is running this year? I haven't been before and would love to check it out!!
    They have dates up on there website Fri 16th to Sun 18th Nov but they haven't put up an Artist list yet! I emailed them on there contact page on there website last week but heard nothing back!

http://www.dublintattooconvention.com/

Thanks in Advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It is yeah, the Facebook page for it is probably your best bet, as some of the artists going put links to their stuff up.
    The artist list hasn't been put up anywhere yet though >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

@DamoElDiablo thanks just added it there! disaster there no list yet! would love to see who's attending!!

I'll be getting my leg piece finished off by the Dre from Addinktion Tattoos from Belfast.
    You've probably seen there's a bunch of people have been asking/thanking the posts asking about the artist list!

Cool! Id love to get something done but I just got a half sleeve finished last week and my misses has put a 6 month tattoo ban on me lol! ill be attending as a spectator only haha

gregers85 wrote: »
    Cool! Id love to get something done but I just got a half sleeve finished last week and my misses has put a 6 month tattoo ban on me lol! ill be attending as a spectator only haha

I've done that a few times! It's tough, the temptation is fierce!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Crazy that they havent put up a list yet, if ya could have a browse at soem of the talent that will be attending could certianly be tempted to get something.

Ive seen even Joe Myler asking for the list to be put up on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Slightly off topic but what's the deal with getting a tat at a convention?

Is it the same as usual just in a different venue? As in contact the artist, sort a design and turn up on the day?

Or do artists have designs that they want to do at the con so it'd be a case of seeing if something took your fancy? I'm wondering here because I assume artists want to win the prizes and thus would have ideas they think will win.

Or walk-ups? This seems like a stretch as I imagine everyone is busy at the cons?

Orim wrote: »

Is it the same as usual just in a different venue? As in contact the artist, sort a design and turn up on the day?

Or do artists have designs that they want to do at the con so it'd be a case of seeing if something took your fancy? I'm wondering here because I assume artists want to win the prizes and thus would have ideas they think will win.

Or walk-ups? This seems like a stretch as I imagine everyone is busy at the cons?

I was at the one last year and got a tattoo done at it that was organised through emails for a month or two beforehand if you have something specific in mind ya can contact an artist you like and go from there.

There can be walk ups aswell from what I gathered but it all depends really some artists could be booked up for the full weekend others may not you wont really know till you get there. The day I got mine done there was a few of them sitting around for the first hour or two then once it hit about two o clock they were all busy tattooing away.

Orim wrote: »

Like Marty said, it's somewhere in between! Well known artists may be booked out months in advance, whereas lesser known ones, or ones from different areas may not be as well known, or may not be known here at all, so have little or no bookings, but if you get in, see their work, talk with them and decide to go for it you can get really lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

It's a bit mad that they still don't have the artist list up yet isn't it?!

No wonder artists are going mad advertising on the facebook page.

I emailed Snakebite to confirm they would be coming, which they are. Emailed back asking could I book in with Seán to add on to my Okami sleeve that he started at the last convention, just waiting to hear back now!

Ahhhhh, so excited to get inked again!!

Looking at getting the lovely Rao on the back of my forearm :pac:

Rao.jpg

• Advertisement

Awesome! He did a great job on the last part! :)
    You saving Ameratsu for last? :D

Maybe :D

I'll be getting her further up my arm, moving up and up bit by bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

If Rob in Colourworks is there might see about getting some more added to my leg. All funds depending though!

Looks like the artists ae starting to run out of patience with the organisers aswell, it really is a shambles this year, hope this doesnt spell the end of it. It will certainly turn artists off if its poorly organised. Addinktion Belfast just posted this up on facebook.

hey has anyone else noticed the website has been taken down? the convention is less than a month away, no artist list or updates on fb. a little bit of advertising for the artists/traders who pay for the booths would be appreciated.whats going on? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

@Tread_Softly

Saw your piece from last year in this months skin shots today :) Still gorgeous!

Paddy posted this up last night too:
    APOLOGIES for the site. The card for the site was out of date. It will be back up Monday/ tuesday with full line up and updates... A lot on at the moment. Again sorry.

Anyone else got anything booked? I'm scheduled to get more done on my Zelda piece by Dre from Addinktion

Website is back up online :) but still no artist list :(

http://www.dublintattooconvention.com/index.html

@Tread_Softly

Saw your piece from last year in this months skin shots today :) Still gorgeous!

No way really!? That's deadly, must have a look myself!

Thank you :D

Edit: By the way, do any of you know about the advance tickers for the convention? Last year you could get them for €25 in bodyshock, went in the other day to get then but the place is under going renovation.

They still have the €25 price advertised on their site but maybe they're not offering it this year and just haven't amended the site? :rolleyes:

No way really!? That's deadly, must have a look myself!

It's the pocket sized one with heaps of photos in it btw.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Jesus, strange to see Sparky working a convention. Anyone looking for dot work, book in with him, he's amazing at it.

I see Lasse Sjoroos from Indiviual Ink is going to be there again this year i think some of his work is stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Aww was wishful thinking that Andy Engel might pop up there :(

FoxyVixen wrote: »

I wish. My favourite artist ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

FoxyVixen wrote: »

He's over on a US tour at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

niallam wrote: »
    He's over on a US tour at the moment

Yeah been following him on FB but was still kinda hoping the emerald isle might pull him back for a weekend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

So have you all heard the convention is now €40 for the weekend. #****ingjoke!

Bit pissed off about the price to get in tbh.

The faq section on the website still says you can get advance weekend tickets for €25 or €30 at the door.

As I said earlier in the thread, I went into Bodyshock the other week to buy advance tickets like last year only it was closed for refurbishment.

Asked on the facebook group about them and Paddy said they're not doing them this year.

Alright, so assumed it's €30 on the dior then.

Someone else asked about tickets on the group and was told it's €40 for the weekend.

A jump of a tenner!? And the prices aren't updated on their "new" website either. Bit of a joke. Booked in for a tattoo on the saturday, feel like just going for a day now, what a rip.

A jump of a tenner!? And the prices aren't updated on their "new" website either. Bit of a joke. Booked in for a tattoo on the saturday, feel like just going for a day now, what a rip.

Same here. It really seems like taking the piss a bit jumping the price, and not offering a deal for the weekend like before.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

whats the story with this convention, will i do a tattoo for you etc (if you book in or whatever the procedure is) excuse my ignorance

Advertisement