Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phonewatch - Communications Failure

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

That can be used as a standalone system.

You would need the system defaulted and set back up to delete the monitoring station numbers to stop the communication beeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 beeping

Sounds promising, any idea how I would be able to do this?

Google the manual, default and set up system yourself.

Ring a few installers and get one of them to do same for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Hi

Ive a Simon 3 system. Recently cancelled monitoring with PW after 17 yrs.

Each Thurs at approx 11:20pm the system beeps 'System phone communication failure' . I enter code but 5 mins later its beeps again with the same fault. The code is entered again, no more beeys untill following Thurs.

I've checked the manual but just points me to contacting the security dealer. I assume I need a code to disable the this weekly communciations check?

Thanks in advance

The system is set up to ring the monitoring station.

You would need these number deleted to stop this happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 bobailín

I have the same issue: cancelled monitoring, now getting beeps for Communications Failure, GSM status.

I read a few old threads on here, got the engineering code from phonewatch, and deleted the 2 or 3 numbers that were programmed in. Also changed the setting 'Manual Comm Test' from On to Off.

But the shagging thing is still beeping. Seems random but usually starts close to the hour, like 01:59, or 08:59, or 13:59. 5 short beeps, repeated every minute until you press the 'i' button and/or disarm.

Simon XT wirefree system.

Hoping somebody here knows which is the specific setting that can stop those comms tests? I've seen lots of helpful replies but which mention option numbers; there's no numbers on the display for this unit and the menu goes round in circles so the title of the setting would be very helpful!

It sounds like the sim card has been turned off.

You can remove this by powering the alarm system down and pulling the module out of the alarm.

Another option would be to turn off the failed to communicate option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bobailín

Thanks for the suggestion, but I couldn't find any option that looked like failed to communicate. And I couldn't figure out how to power it down short of taking it apart to find the battery.

So I just went through all the menu options again, turned everything under reports to Off and a bunch of other things that were probably nothing to do with the beeps.

Didn't hear any for 24 hours now to fingers crossed.

Advertisement