Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BRYAN ADAMS - THE BARE BONES TOUR - THE OLYMPIA THEATRE 28TH OCTOBER

Options
  • 12-10-2012 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

MCD is proud to announce that beloved singer, songwriter and rockstar Bryan Adams is bringing his highly successful BARE BONES TOUR to The Olympia Theatre on Sunday 28th of October, for one night only. Tickets from €65.45 are on sale this Tuesday October 16th at 9am, from Ticketmaster.ie and over 100 Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.

Run to You,” “Heaven” “Everything I Do, I Do It For You” and “Summer of ’69” catapulted Bryan Adams to international rock stardom in the ’80s and have stayed perennial radio staples since—this show give fans a chance to see Adams like they’ve never seen him before as the iconic musician strips down his most irresistible hits along with new work from his latest album, 11, during an all acoustic show. The performance will feature subtle rearrangements in an intimate performance with platinum-selling recording artist Adams backed by only his acoustic guitar and, sometimes, piano—delivered with “the kind of ease with his music, his audience and himself that you can’t teach”.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would have loved to have gone but not paying €65 for an Olympia show . He was great in the O2 last time though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Would have loved to have gone but not paying €65 for an Olympia show . He was great in the O2 last time though

Fine if it's a smaller band, but Bryan Adams...he justifies the price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Fine if it's a smaller band, but Bryan Adams...he justifies the price tag.

LOL how? Even if you're a fan this is a massive rip-off tour.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    LOL how? Even if you're a fan this is a massive rip-off tour.

Yea i know he is a great performer and you will get a good show but for the Olympia thats quite expensive and is it even more pricey then his O2 show? or about the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

There's no doubt that it is a lot of money.

If you can manage to afford it though & like Bryan Adams or music in general, you won't regret going to that show.

I was lucky enough to see him in The Olympia the last time he had The Bare Bones Tour in Dublin.

It was an incredible gig - almost intimate (for the Olympia) & a great amount of fun & banter between the songs with Bryan & the audience.

The Irish crowd were an absolute scream at times with some of the comments they'd shout up & his reactions were just as good.

He had a super rapport with the crowd.

Can't recommend it highly enough for anyone who can afford it but is 'on the fence' about going along...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Not a fan but this a big act for a small venue, this will sell out in the blink of an eye, price point won't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

No fan either, but as an avid gig goer its the going price for someone of his calibre & record sales etc.

If I was a fan I'd also be thrilled to get to see him in a place like The Olympia as Im sure his tour schedule in other countries would be in venues larger than this one.

It will sell out immediately is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

edhead wrote: »
    No fan either, but as an avid gig goer its the going price for someone of his calibre & record sales etc.

If I was a fan I'd also be thrilled to get to see him in a place like The Olympia as Im sure his tour schedule in other countries would be in venues larger than this one.

It will sell out immediately is my guess.

Just like The Ryan Adams show in same venue in April (which I was at)!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Got my tickets... Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brenmusic

Has anyone bothered forking out the massive entry fee for this show on Sunday? I know he's a songwriting legend and he's fantastic live, but come on - ridiculous ticket price!

http://musicscene.ie/2012/10/bryan-adams-olympia-theatre-dublin-2012-live-concert-date-confirmed-for-sunday-october-28th/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

brenmusic wrote: »
    Has anyone bothered forking out the massive entry fee for this show on Sunday? I know he's a songwriting legend and he's fantastic live, but come on - ridiculous ticket price!

Well, it sold-fast and so many had no bother with the amount.

I would have went if they had removed the stalls seats for it downstairs and made it standing, hate sitting in those cramped Olympia Seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭jt_dublin

We were there last night... 6th row. It was an amazing gig, totally acoustic. Just Bryan, his guitar, and Gary Breit on piano. His voice is stronger that ever & you can see how much he loves to sing & entertain. This guy can pack out stadiums and still takes time to give back to his fans with these intimate gigs. There aren't many who do that these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EASYNEWS

I was there last night and really enjoyed it. Worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Straight from the heart video ... Class gig :D

https://vimeo.com/52372486

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

larry1 wrote: »
    Straight from the heart video ... Class gig :D

https://vimeo.com/52372486

Thank you for this clip.

Didn't make the show this time but did see it twice the last time he was here.

Looks like it was an another great night.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

wow! what a vid!

wish i spotted this thread before the gig. would have been there.

hope yiz all enjoyed it!

Advertisement