Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Phone and Alarm on the one SIM card

Options
  • 12-10-2012 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Two separate locations -

1. Current set up:
    eircom landline for home phone and alarm monitoring through central station
    Aritech panel 14 years old

I would like to use one of those cheap unlimited calls plan eg eMobile @ 32 / month instead and have the eircom landline for backup in case the network is down - I know it's usually the other way around but with how the phone is used here the unlimited mobile plan is cheaper than putting calls through landline. I am going to upgrade the alarm now too so compatibility with old equipment not a problem

2. Other place with eircom landline, Hkc panel and alarm notification by text. All calls and texts through eircom landline. Here we want to get rid of the eircom landline and do the calls and alarm texts through one sim card.

Recommendations please for gsm equipment I need for the two places

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

nazoil wrote: »
    Two separate locations -

1. Current set up:
    eircom landline for home phone and alarm monitoring through central station
    Aritech panel 14 years old

I would like to use one of those cheap unlimited calls plan eg eMobile @ 32 / month instead and have the eircom landline for backup in case the network is down - I know it's usually the other way around but with how the phone is used here the unlimited mobile plan is cheaper than putting calls through landline. I am going to upgrade the alarm now too so compatibility with old equipment not a problem

2. Other place with eircom landline, Hkc panel and alarm notification by text. All calls and texts through eircom landline. Here we want to get rid of the eircom landline and do the calls and alarm texts through one sim card.

Recommendations please for gsm equipment I need for the two places

Depending on the set up the you could use a standard GSM to provide a line for a phone out plus add a voice dialer so when the alarm activates it call you.
    For the first and second system the a new world GSM would work with a voice dialer. You can connect a phone direct from the dialer given it priority over any phone connected from it.

Advertisement