Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missed Labs

• 12-10-2012 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi I've missed most of my labs this year for various reasons and was told that there is no way I can pass the course now. I was just wondering if there's any way I can make this up or should I just drop out now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Bit of a sticky one can't you just get some of the labs from you're class mates ?

Also check with the students union maybe if you had good reason to be absent from the labs they might be able to talk to your teachers on your behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

I could get the labs off classmates but was told it was because of the attendance i've failed. Might talk to the su on monday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nuraya

The college has very strict rules on missing labs. You must attend 80% of labs or else you have to repeat the entire year. Medical certs don't count. I'm sure the lecturers have mentioned the 80% rules throughout the year.

Source: 3rd Year Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭Pebbles82

If your semesterised doesn't it only count for this semester? You start new attendance from Jan. You could carry the lab and repeat those labs next year with out dropping out....go see student union or services for proper advice. Best of luck

Advertisement