Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco : Double the Difference Policy

Options
  • 12-10-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

The Tesco Facebook page has said all stores must offer the Double the Difference policy but I know from reading posts here that not all stores are giving it.

Can anyone name the stores where they have been refused Double the Difference as the Customer Service agent on Facebook wants to contact them and let them know that this is still policy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

That would be Tesco UK Facebook.
    Tesco Ireland have a different Facebook.
    I would say the person responding for Tesco doesn't realise different policies for different countries.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Some one on here said they had a problem in Maynooth I think.

Though, I cant seem to find it here.

the irish face book site is:

blah, blah facebook /TescoIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I think its down to the manager's descretion whether they offer it

www.facebook.com/tescoireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

'' Hi ,

The policy on overcharging is the same as our UK stores where an overcharge is double the difference.

Thanks,
    David - Customer Care ''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Karen23 wrote: »
    '' Hi ,

The policy on overcharging is the same as our UK stores where an overcharge is double the difference.

Thanks,
    David - Customer Care ''

Yeah, got much the same reply to my email to customer services:

"In the unlikely event that we overcharge you more than the price shown on the shelf or on the product, we'll give you double the difference. This doesn't affect your statutory rights."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

I just bought three boxes of Ariel washing tablets, clearly priced €10.00. When I returned home I checked my receipt and I noticed Tesco charged me €16.95 for each one.

I went back and the Tesco girl checked and said €10 was the old price and the label had not been removed. She gave me back double the difference - i.e. €13.90 x 3 = €41.70 cash, and I came home with the three boxes.

You can be absolutely certain that plenty of people bought the product because they thought they were paying €10, but didn't check their receipts. Check your receipts - always.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Mod: 3 year old thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement