Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seafood restaurants kerry/munster

Options
  • 12-10-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭

what a good seafood restaurant in kerry, limerick or munster

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

The oyster in cork is getting great reviews haven't been yet but sounds good ,in Kerry the Towers in Glenbeigh do great seafood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

gallagher's seafood restaurant bunratty seem to be getting a good rep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

QC Seafood Bar in Cahirsiveen, Kerry is utterly superb. We were there for lunch a couple of years ago. Worth traveling for.
    Husband and wife team; I believe the wife's family owns a fishery nearby so you can expect the freshest of fresh catch of the day.

sounds good i like the idea of eating sea food by the sea - fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vic20

http://www.thefishkitchen.ie/index.htm

Never disappointed! (lunch or dinner)

• Advertisement

So far i have:

The Fish Kitchen
    QC Seafood Bar
    Gallagher's seafood restaurant

hhhmmm which to choose

Anyone been to Out of the Blue Seafood Restaurant L@@ks like a nice place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vic20

Never been there but by the looks of their website modesty isn't on their menu :D

Go starving leave happy i guess :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's lovely, but it's really ALL fish. You get given about half a potato with your main, and that's about it for sides. I seem to remember my parents having to request bread to mop up the sauce from mussels mariniere because it wasn't provided as standard.

This restaurant just outside Tralee is fabulous: http://www.spaseafoods.com/cafe.html

Or if you're down Dingle way, I couldn't recommend The Old Pier in Ballydavid any higher. It's FABULOUS. Beware though, the portions are unbelievably large so don't get a starter if you haven't got a mammoth appetite.

• Advertisement

• The Fish Kitchen
    • QC Seafood Bar
    • Gallagher's seafood restaurant
    • Out of the Blue Seafood Restaurant
    • Spa Seafoods
    • The Old Pier

I would have never thought there was such a big list of seafood restaurants around here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

The most obvious one for me is Fishy Fishy ( Martins mad about fish RTE 1 ) in Kinsale . Really lovely fish but pricey. They also have a scaled down more casual eating called fishy Fishy cafe. Also in Kinsale.
    www.fishyfishy.ie

Also worth a trip is Cronins in Crosshaven . A wonderful old time genuine pub. In the back they have a restaurant called Mad Fish. A small number of meat dishes but majority is fish. Squid started is mmmmh:D prices more reasonable than FF.

The most obvious one for me is Fishy Fishy ( Martins mad about fish RTE 1 ) in Kinsale . Really lovely fish but pricey. They also have a scaled down more casual eating called fishy Fishy cafe. Also in Kinsale.
    www.fishyfishy.ie

Also worth a trip is Cronins in Crosshaven . A wonderful old time genuine pub. In the back they have a restaurant called Mad Fish. A small number of meat dishes but majority is fish. Squid started is mmmmh:D prices more reasonable than FF.

looking at fishyfishy i think its abit ott for little old me :P

cronins menu looks tasty http://bit.ly/Croninsmenu

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I would have never thought there was such a big list of seafood restaurants around here

Well, you don't have very specific criteria. I could list at least a dozen nice seafood restaurants across Munster on top of what's listed here.

ok think big platters lots of selection

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

More a pub than a restaurant, but O'Neills the Point outside Cahersiveen is really really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Vaughans, Liscannor Co Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Vaughans, Liscannor Co Clare

Oh yeeaaaaaah. This place is magic.

oh not another :P im think of out of the blue in dingle sounds lush

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

For any fish lovers out there, you have to visit Deasy's Harbour bar & seafood restaurant in ring, nr Clonakilty - food is stunning & has just been listed in the Micheline Value Bib Gourmand, awarded to restaurants serving three courses for under the €40.

Fishy Fishy has already been mentioned, O'Connors in Bantry is another good one

• Advertisement
Advertisement