Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio App Issues since new iPhone/OS

• 12-10-2012 11:43am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I don't know whether it's since I got the iPhone 5, or iOS 6 - but my TuneIn radio experience is now terrible over 3G. The last week or two the stream has been rebuffering and stopping so much I've given up and resorted to podcasts. No problems on wifi as I tried it at home.

Anyone else having the same difficulties? On what handset/OS?

There's a thread about this in the Vodafone forum, but frankly I'd be surprised if this was a network issue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Paxmanwithinfo

I am experiencing precisley the same issues across many radio apps including TuneIn, WunderRadio and the various RTE radio apps. I am on the o2 network so it is unlikely to be a carrier issue (as you appear to be on Vodafone). Hope it's not symtomatic of a wider issue but has affected my commuting entertainment to date as it constantly "cuts-out". But that is a first world issue I suppose - I shouldn't grumble too much when one put's the world in perspective!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Cheers Paxmanwithinfo. What phone/OS are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Paxmanwithinfo

An iPhone 5 with iOS6.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭backinexile

Having the exact same problem. Using Today FM and 2FM.

iPhone 5 with iOS6

I'm on Vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Same problems with TodayFM and 2FM on iOS6 with a 4S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

I'm using iPhone 4S iOS6, and Tunein Pro is almost impossible to use because it is repeatedly buffering. This is when I am on wifi :eek:
    Only on certain stations though which is even weirder! Newstalk, Radio 1, 2FM and Today FM constantly 'lose' signal and repeatedly buffer whereas 4FM and some local stations (96FM, Red FM) work OK.

I've tried the same app, Tunein, on my wife's iPhone 3GS and everything runs smoothly and as it should. She is currently using iOS 5.1.1 which leads me to believe it is an iOS 6 problem.

I hope there is a fix for this soon. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

TuneIn working fine for me, on iPhone 4 iOS6, both on home wifi and on 3G.
    Newstalk, R1 and TodayFM all OK.

Hmmm. Starting to look like an iOS6 issue (which would be better than a hardware one) - even though obviously it hasn't affected everyone.

Has anyone with issues tried a restore/fresh install?

I might try one this week if I can find the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

Dades wrote: »
    Has anyone with issues tried a restore/fresh install?

I've tried them all.....Hard reset, Restore, Uninstall/Reinstall, Reset Network Settings....no joy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Having this same problem on an iPhone 5 on ios6. Does anyone know if there's a fix coming.

• Advertisement

I have tried restoring my iphone on itunes but it made no difference. My nephew has an iphone 5 also on Vodafone and he is having no problems with the tunein radio app over 3g. Has anyone figured how to fix this yet? Could it be a sim problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I have had this problem on My Iphone 4..for the past year

Always buffering, impossible to use apps like the today FM one..

And have had problems with Wunder Radio and tune in

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Didn't realise there was a thread on this.

Same with me, iPhone 4 still using iOS5. Always buffering, skipping and cutting out completely.

And even more frustrating when you try to tune in to BBC Radio 5 Live for sport, when match commentary comes on, they cut to years old discussions so you can't get the match live :mad:

Hmmm. Never had a problem before the upgrade, I have to say.

Still I see Apple are working on iOS 6.1, which aims to fix a host of issues. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Problems here too - iP4 and iOS5 - thought it was because I was roaming in the UK

Got this sorted today. My age restriction on my account was set at under 15 so it wouldn't allow streaming of certain things. Also got my sim replaced just in case.

Advertisement