Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed wireless from Dublin Hills

• 12-10-2012 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey,

In a previous job a number of years ago our organisation used fixed wireless from the roof to 3 rock in the Dublin hills for our primary 8MBuncontended internet connection, it worked a treat. The provider was Irish Broadband.
    I am about to move from an urban town area to a rural setting and fear poor ADSL service once I get there. I am moving to North East Kildare with clear views of the Dublin Hills and approx 30km distance.
    Irish Broadband are now Imagine and appear to only offer WiMax services.
    What if any fixed wireless providers are operating from the Dublin Hills?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

anfirrua wrote: »
    Hey,

In a previous job a number of years ago our organisation used fixed wireless from the roof to 3 rock in the Dublin hills for our primary 8MBuncontended internet connection, it worked a treat. The provider was Irish Broadband.
    I am about to move from an urban town area to a rural setting and fear poor ADSL service once I get there. I am moving to North East Kildare with clear views of the Dublin Hills and approx 30km distance.
    Irish Broadband are now Imagine and appear to only offer WiMax services.
    What if any fixed wireless providers are operating from the Dublin Hills?

Hi

North East Kildare may be a bit too far to receive wireless services from the Dublin mountains (3 Rock). Digiweb offer their Metro service and cover most of North Kildare. Their speeds vary from 5 - 30Mb down to up to 1Mb up. Of course there is also Wimax from Imagine. As for IBB (also owned by Imagine) I only know of Newbridge and Celbridge that had the Breeze service, which I suspect you were getting originally. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Hi anfirrua

I got your reply re: location through the boards.ie notification email, which did not carry over on to the forum after I amended my original reply. From what I read Digiweb's Maynooth base station may well cover you (Naas won't, too far away) along with Imagines IBB mast in Celbridge. Check with each of them to confirm

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 29 anfirrua

Thanks cunnijo
    I will be within 3 miles of Donadea and the problem is with those providers sites they have drop down boxes of all the major towns when you are checking for coverage and not townloads. Will call them up and check with their sales depts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

You could try Ripplecom, they have a few masts in the area. The coverage map on their site is vague with regard to mast locations, but Donadea looks to be covered.

Advertisement