Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BROADBAND and TELEPHONE in CLONARD

Options
  • 12-10-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Moving to Beechlawn, Wexford Town. Can anyone recommend Broadband, telephone and TV supplier for this neighbourhood.
    Also, if you can tell me about alarm companies. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No UPC in Wexford (mmds only but that's to become obsolete & is rubbish anyway).

Your choice for TV is Sky or Freesat,as a bonus many houses in the area already have aerials pointed to Wales & can pick up the Freeview signal so if the house has an aerial & you have a Saorview tv or box it can pick it up.

For broadband afaik the area has Eircom fibre so you should be sorted for high speed broadband. http://www.eircom.net/broadband/fibre/map/#WEXFORD

If not then your choices are Eircom dsl or Vodafone@Home which is the same but cheaper.Sky will be launching broadband soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 stampa

Thank you, if I understand you correctly, I would get phone land line,TV and broadband from SKY or Vodafone? I plan to move to Wexford in early 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

stampa wrote: »
    Thank you, if I understand you correctly, I would get phone land line,TV and broadband from SKY or Vodafone? I plan to move to Wexford in early 2013.

No, your tv and phone will be from different company's until sky launch broadband here which is a few months away. As said your choice of tv will be sky or saorview, or a free sat service. Phone and broadband then will come from eircom or Vodafone. Clonard has the advantage of being a relatively new area so they have eircom fibre available. But iv yet to hear anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

I have Sky TV and am wondering if Wellingtonbridge is being covered by Sky for broadband and landline. I would also be grateful if anyone who is already using the service can tell me if both price and quality of service compares with other providers.

I do not want to get it and then find out that we are getting bad coverage, or that there are other issues which make it non viable.

Many thanks if you can offer informed advice on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

havetoquit wrote: »
    I have Sky TV and am wondering if Wellingtonbridge is being covered by Sky for broadband and landline. I would also be grateful if anyone who is already using the service can tell me if both price and quality of service compares with other providers.

I do not want to get it and then find out that we are getting bad coverage, or that there are other issues which make it non viable.

Many thanks if you can offer informed advice on this.

If you have Eircom or any other dsl provider then you'll get Sky broadband,they use Eircom lines but strangely seem to give better speeds-have a look in the broadband or satellite forum for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Thank you very much for a prompt and helpful response and will do as you suggest.

Advertisement