Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking around the Aviva

• 12-10-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

What's the best options for parking around the Aviva? The GAA club beside the toll bridge takes in cars doesn't it? Anyone know what time they start letting in at as I will be early.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Park at a dart station and get the train in. You're not going to get close to the stadium at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What stand are you in and what direction are you coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Cienciano wrote: »
    What stand are you in and what direction are you coming from?

Coming up the quays as i will be in town and want to go out by the port tunnel after the game. Hoping to park in the GAA ground Clann Na Gael I think it's called would be ideal. What time do they open at do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I usually park on the street around Northampton Rd, there are usually lots of spaces and it only cost a few euro to fill the meter the 7pm cut off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

tolosenc wrote: »
    Park at a dart station and get the train in. You're not going to get close to the stadium at all.

Disagree here

I live in the area, theres lots of off street parking around the place.
    The Gaa car park will be open all day.
    If you get there early simply pay the guy his few quid on the way out

• Advertisement

chef wrote: »
    Disagree here

I live in the area, theres lots of off street parking around the place.
    The Gaa car park will be open all day.
    If you get there early simply pay the guy his few quid on the way out

Its open all day thats ideal as I will be there about 3/3.30 so park there head into town for a few hours and I am on the way up the road after the game, ideal. Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Pfft, just abandon your car on the grass verge opposite Clann na Gael like everyone else.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Pfft, just abandon your car on the grass verge opposite Clann na Gael like everyone else.

Is 3 not a little early for that? Be afraid they would tow it

Ah ye might get a few lockhards around early to assist with the parking on the grass, TBH if your there by 3 you will get parking on one of the sreets nerby for free anyway, Guaranteed

Ah ye might get a few lockhards around early to assist with the parking on the grass, TBH if your there by 3 you will get parking on one of the sreets nerby for free anyway, Guaranteed

In a bit of a hurry after the game so be afraid I'd get caught in traffic close to the stadium if i parked on the roads around it. That's why I thought that GAA club would be ideal. Thanks for all the help.

• Advertisement

Well from the GAA club you can go staright up the coast road back towards Wicklow afterwards, so ya should be fine, enjoy the game

Well from the GAA club you can go staright up the coast road back towards Wicklow afterwards, so ya should be fine, enjoy the game

Actually heading up the way through the port tunnel unfortunately so I think it would be ideal. Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

lockhards

:D

Awesome word usage.

Des wrote: »
    :D

Awesome word usage.

Why thank you, thats what we call them around Ringsed area.

Not sure what else they are known as, but thats all ya could hear as a joungfella growing up in the area on match day

Lock hard
    Lock hard

Advertisement