Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor Go Karting Tuesday 27th at 7pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Friday 30th

ODelay gets brainyneuron's spot as she cannot make it and he was the first reserve

If you are one of the definites can you please post with what days suit you best (not Saturday or Sunday as the offer is not valid on those days).

Definites:

1) Blitzkrieger
    2) kingtut
    3) stevexo
    4) catthinkin
    5) mik_da_man
    6) ODelay
    7) queentut
    8) two_wheels_good

Reserves:
    1) grangemac
    2) daveyjoe
    3) Fawkon

(Adding some reverses who will get to go if any of the definites cancel or cannot make the date that is eventually picked).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

None of those dates suit me
    Any Monday or Friday evening. (Must find my fireproof overalls)

Thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Wednesday 28th
    Most evenings are ok for me once I have plenty of notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭theaaao

How come I was never put on the reserve list?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

that the one in little island?

better than watergrasshill?

cant bate a wet track

• Advertisement

Friday 30th
    1) Blitzkrieger
    2) kingtut
    3) stevexo
    4) catthinkin
    5) mik_da_man
    6) ODelay
    7) queentut
    8) two_wheels_good

Reserves:
    1) grangemac
    2) theaaao
    3) daveyjoe
    4) Fawkon
    theaaao wrote: »
    How come I was never put on the reserve list?

Apologies I forgot, but added you as reserve number 2 (as that is where you should be based on when you posted)
    corkgsxr wrote: »
    that the one in little island?

better than watergrasshill?

cant bate a wet track

Yes it is the one in little island which is indoors so I'm guessing watergrasshill is better although I have not been there so I can't say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

We could get 2 groups going nearly if a few more people are interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Fawkon wrote: »
    Yeah but the Groupon offer is finished now... unless somebody picked up a spare voucher at the time of the offer?

Friday 30th
    Fawkon wrote: »

As daveyjoe pointed out the offer is over now (I got an offer for 8 people which costs €15 each) but I don't see any problems with more than 8 coming - you just would not get any discount. Also I don't know how many people they let on the track at once .... does anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

any evening after 5:30 is good for me. im only 3 mins away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fawkon

kingtut wrote: »
    As daveyjoe pointed out the offer is over now (I got an offer for 8 people which costs €15 each) but I don't see any problems with more than 8 coming - you just would not get any discount. Also I don't know how many people they let on the track at once .... does anyone know ?
    Well as long as it's not a rip off i dont mind paying full amount. Depends i suppose on whether others would be willing to pay full amount i guess...

Its the speed grand prix offer as far as I remember, which is €35: http://www.kartmania.ie/pricing/
    Think they had about 10 karts in the pitt when we went there. But im not sure if they would allow more than 8 on the track at a time because I'd say it wouldnt be safe! The track isnt that long after all, so if someone crashes you lap them in no time.
    Plus when that happens your not allowed overtake or drive fast which is annoying when your on the verge of cutting some guy on the inside to win!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭grange mac

35 for how long? I dont know any of ye but could someone in the reserve list try to offer 25 as with groupon they are only getting half of the 15 so a win win for all if they took the 25?

Just a thought.

Friday 30th
    grange mac wrote: »
    35 for how long? I dont know any of ye but could someone in the reserve list try to offer 25 as with groupon they are only getting half of the 15 so a win win for all if they took the 25?

Just a thought.

What do you mean? Are you saying the reserves should ask kartmania if they will let extra people join in for €25 ?

What do you mean? Are you saying the reserves should ask kartmania if they will let extra people join in for €25 ?

Join in if possible but if not go after or before the other gang. But tell karymania that all part of same group to get a discounted price

Friday 30th
    Definites:

1) Blitzkrieger
    2) kingtut
    3) stevexo
    4) catthinkin
    5) mik_da_man
    6) ODelay
    7) queentut
    8) two_wheels_good

How about Thursday of next week (22nd) for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Definites:

1) Blitzkrieger
    2) kingtut
    3) stevexo
    4) catthinkin
    5) mik_da_man
    6) ODelay
    7) queentut
    8) two_wheels_good

How about Thursday of next week (22nd) for this ?

that'll do me. what time you thinking?

Friday 30th
    As Christmas is fast approaching I want to get the go-karting done as soon as possible.

I was thinking this Thursday 22nd or Friday 23rd at 7pm (little island). If you are one of the 8 definites can you let me know your preference?

Thursday 22nd
    stevexo
    kingtut
    queentut

Friday 23rd
    two_wheels_good

Awaiting a response
    Blitzkrieger
    catthinkin
    mik_da_man
    ODelay

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Wednesday 28th
    Neither suit me :(

Friday 30th
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    Neither suit me :(

When does suit you? Is it anytime in the next week or two ? I'm open to suggestions but very keen to get it done asap :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Odelay

Bugger, can't do it later this week, the big wheels are sending me far away. Go ahead with Thursday but if lots are in favour of another date then I'd be interested but as a last reserve...............have fun guys, keep it clean:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Thursday 29th
    Neither day is good for me really. Put me down for the Thursday, but put me on the bottom of the reserve list please? Not 100% sure I can get off work and I'd be rushing home afterwards, so I might be better off leaving one or the reserves have a go.

I know im on the reserve list but ill be in dublin thursday in case some people cant go. so next after me can go instead. i am ok for friday though.

Friday 30th
    POLL ADDED TO MAKE IT EASIER.

Can anyone interested in go-karting please vote in the poll (even if you are not one of the 8 or on the reserve list). Remember I have pre-paid and it is for 8 people but obviously the 8 previously selected and those on the reserve list get first refusal.

Friday 30th
    BUMP - Please vote if you have not done so already.
    Based on votes so far the most likely date for this to occur is Monday 26th but this is subject to change based on voting !!

Hurrah, Thursday has slipped by. But oh no! Tuesday has edged into the lead. Someone please vote for Monday. Please be quick! Start the week with some entertainment and brighten up a Monday!

Friday 30th
    queentut does not have a boards account but is voting for Tuesday so at this point it looks like it will be Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (most likely Tuesday based on votes).

I would suggest 7pm on the day chosen, any objections to 7pm ?

Votes:
    Monday 4
    Tuesday 6
    Wednesday 4

When does the embargo on campaigning start? Have the votes from Thurs and Fri been re-distributed?
    If Monday is chosen I can guarantee that all potholes on the track will be repaired before the race start and a special VIP viewing area will be available to friends and family of the participants. I can also offer a lift to participants from Ballinlough and Mahon.

Vote for Monday, vote often!

Just voted there but I know im on the reserve list. Tuesday suits me best, but I could make monday work.

• Advertisement

Friday 30th
    Based on votes this event will take place on Tuesday (I am thinking 7pm), places will be first offered to the 8 people who said yes before, then they will be offered to the standbys (and if there are still places after that then I'll advertise them.

Based on feedback so far the 8 people confirmed going are:

1) kingtut
    2) queentut
    3) stevexo
    4) Blitzkrieger
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)

******************** UPDATE ***********************

BOOKING CONFIRMED! Please be at Kartmania at 7pm (don't be late as we have to do a safety briefing, we will start racing at 7.30pm)

If you are a standby (or have a confirmed place) and have not given me your number before then please send it to me in a private message so that I can contact you with all of the details etc.

Advertisement