Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scenic places Dublin Bus can take me

• 12-10-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

Basically, the title.

I've recently moved to Dublin and since I have to commute to college every day by bus I have one of those 30 Day bus passes. I always think it's such a waste that I only use it to travel to college and back when it can take me to practically any point in the city.

So the question is, what nice places (from a photography point of view) can Dublin Bus take me? I like taking photos of nature, architecture, city scapes, almost anything really. So far I've photographed the City Centre (too overdone at this stage), Dun-Laoghaire and Howth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Two off the top of my head would be - Botanic Gardens (No 83 bus), Phoenix Park (No 10 bus).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Monkstown Village is nice, as it has a mixed bag of things.

Two architecturally very different churches, right across the road from each other. The Seafront, including a lovely view of Dublin Bay, especially in the morning and evening. And some very interesting houses dotted around the village. Theres also a Martello Tower, and when the tide is out you can walk out quite a bit from the seapoint end and get some nice pics of the bay that way.
    The 7 bus takes you right into the village, and the 4 takes you to within a 5 min walk of the village(Temple hill Junction) .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

44, enniskerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

44, enniskerry.

a good choice!

you can also go towards places like Celbridge, maynooth, etc
    this opens up options like Castletown House, Carton House and so on

plenty of beaches are options too

a lot of castles are options - malahide, rathfarnham etc

tbh, I think if you googled the kind of sites you are interested in around DUblin that you'd find public transport will get you to most of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

^ This!

Get the 66 to Maynooth and get off after Leixlip. There is a stop right outside Carton house!

Beautiful spot!

There is a lovely walk the whole way from Carton house into Maynooth Village to take advantage of too

Once there, head towards the college, or the canal dock at the train station / bus stop back to town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Blessington, can remember bus number, but the lakes are only 10 mins walk from the village.

Rush and Skerries are nice too for some harbour shots - Number 33 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Take the 33 out to Rush. North and South beach, Nice walk accross beach to Drummanagh (Martello Tower). Or get bus to Loughshinny and get off at the cross and walk to harbour and take the Cliff walk to Matrello Tower back in to Rush and a cup of coffee in The Thatch. Its a walk of about 1 1/2 hrs with good views of Lambay Island, Rockabill lighthouse and the harbours. PM me if you want directions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

1,47,18 sandymount strand (18 will only leave u in sandymount village) dun leoghaire 7,45a,46a,59,111

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Thank you guys! I am taking note of all the places and buses mentioned and will visit them all in the next few months as I get time.
    So far I've only travelled to the airport on the 16 bus, Terminal 2 is very interesting architecturally and if you have a tripod, daylight and patience you can try standing just in line with the runway on the kerb and take shots of planes overhead. Plenty of people doing that down there.

8080943880_50c56e2957_z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Malahide on the 42 has a plethora of photo opportunities from the estuary to the castle and gardens. The beach, the harbour and the Portmarnock road makes a nice coastal walk with plenty of scenery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement