Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duncan Jenkins and the comms director

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You mean Cheng or the blogger!?

The blogger.

As far as I'm concerned, and as much as I'd likely get a kick out of the opposite, I reckon the blogger fella is the mental case here, given the actions he's gotten up to in the past.

Also, I don't really believe an internationally reknowned businessman like Jen Chang would personally get involved in something like these allegations are saying he was doing.

to me, it's a non story, invented by a nutjob, for his own aggrandisement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Des wrote: »
    The blogger.

As far as I'm concerned, and as much as I'd likely get a kick out of the opposite, I reckon the blogger fella is the mental case here, given the actions he's gotten up to in the past.

Also, I don't really believe an internationally reknowned businessman like Jen Chang would personally get involved in something like these allegations are saying he was doing.

to me, it's a non story, invented by a nutjob, for his own aggrandisement.

Was kind of enjoying the idea of ruthless bastards running the club in the best long-term interests of their investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Matt Kenny ‏@_Mapeke
    Next week, Jen Chang finds all the people uploading Being: Liverpool to Vimeo and takes them hostage.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

opr wrote: »
    Matt Kenny ‏@_Mapeke
    Next week, Jen Chang finds all the people uploading Being: Liverpool to Vimeo and takes them hostage.

Opr

Can just picture him swiveling in his corporate chair (whatever that is) stroking his cat James Bond villain style,

"So, you allow someone else to use your fan card eh?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

No Mr Jenkins, I expect you to tweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

He makes sure to get in the fact he has young kids in the blog too, to garner more sympathy maybe.

"At around 9am on Friday morning, after I'd dropped my son off at nursery, a 'private number' attempted to call me."

Although at 11:30 he says-"No idea when I can take a call as the kids are noisily running amok and I'm in charge."

He then states that he cannot do screen grabs showing the twenty or so missed calls

Total BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol

A5Aui_DCUAA5Qol.jpg

Somebody please think of the children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

opr wrote: »
    Matt Kenny ‏@_Mapeke

Opr

He has a particular set of skills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

When Jenkins speaks of that "support" he received, people you would want to have your back, I read that as heavies :D

Did he get the boys to pay Jen Chang a visit I wonder? ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What is it with Liverpool and dossiers?

Come on, there's a lot of hard working people on Merseyside too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If it's Duncan Oldham - and going from the blog it's hard to believe that it's not - then it's total bull****. He's left a long string of cons, lies and scams behind him and seriously appears to be mentally unstable. You can read about his Koptalk rip-off, and his history here http://koptalkinsider.wordpress.com/

This line in the blog is telling - "Duncan...well, he's Oldham til he dies." His just can't keep his ego in check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

If this is how Cheng treats the lad who allegidly cost them £300k extra for Borini, imagine what he will do when he finds out who broke the stories for Downing and Carroll.

Ken Jeong has already been approached to play Chang in the movie version

A5A1-8iCcAAegXN.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Pretty sure it's not Duncan Oldaham, I'd be shocked if it was.

• Advertisement

If it's Duncan Oldham - and going from the blog it's hard to believe that it's not - then it's total bull****. He's left a long string of cons, lies and scams behind him and seriously appears to be mentally unstable. You can read about his Koptalk rip-off, and his history here http://koptalkinsider.wordpress.com/

This line in the blog is telling - "Duncan...well, he's Oldham til he dies." His just can't keep his ego in check.

ah come off it, thats far too obvious to be true. i guess the only way to bring this to a close is for Cheng to deny this and then your man to not have proof.

surely if he has his mobile number and email, then a club source can verify these to be correct. maybe a reputed journalist can get a copy of the emails and verify that they are legit.

either way, the lad doesnt need pics, videos or recordings to see proove if necessary, im sure theres lots of stuff he already has if its true.

ah come off it, thats far too obvious to be true. i guess the only way to bring this to a close is for Cheng to deny this and then your man to not have proof.

surely if he has his mobile number and email, then a club source can verify these to be correct. maybe a reputed journalist can get a copy of the emails and verify that they are legit.

either way, the lad doesnt need pics, videos or recordings to see proove if necessary, im sure theres lots of stuff he already has if its true.

Copies of emails or phone calls doesn't prove it's true. :confused:

Copies of emails or phone calls doesn't prove it's true. :confused:

wasnt there a big problem with the Man City Chief Exec and emails last year?

if he has the emails (im talking about actual emails, i assume you say copy as being printed as per above) and they are verified by somebody in the public eye, then im pretty sure it prooves everything.

its very easy to trace where an email came from, Liverpool FC can verify it if it ever went that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

if he has the emails (im talking about actual emails) and they are verified by somebody in the public eye, then im pretty sure it prooves everything.

its very easy to trace where an email came from, Liverpool FC can verify it if it ever went that far.

Have you taken the time to read the blog?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ken Jeong has already been approached to play Chang in the movie version

A5A1-8iCcAAegXN.jpg

Jen Chang...Ken Jeong.

Ketchup...catsup.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Rollercoaster ofa story.

Kess I remember that Koptalk saga from years ago but can't remember the particulars. Fancy throwing them in here. It did sound very familar in places when I was reading that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

If you're denying you're losing!

I think it's lies but if it is Oldham, maybe the club did track him down, probably way exaggerated though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

if he has the emails (im talking about actual emails, i assume you say copy as being printed as per above) and they are verified by somebody in the public eye, then im pretty sure it prooves everything.

I'm assuming you haven't read the full blog post? Copy of the full emails proves very little, certainly proves nothing about the real negative stuff Dencan has claimed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

J. Marston wrote: »
    Jen Chang...Ken Jeong.

Ketchup...catsup.

Jen Chang...Ben Chang

Even closer

Everton set to show more Merseyside solidarity next weekend -

everton-home-shirt-2012-2013.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Really? I couldn't really give a **** & am not quite sure why anyone would.

If what Jenkins has said is true, that he cost the club money, then I'm glad the club went out to find out who he is and stop him? If Jenkins is lying, then it's all a moot point.

His claim that it was all just guess work from him doesn't really hold any weight whatsoever, he got all the team lineups last season spot on way before they appeared anywhere else. I was sceptical initially, but towards the tail end of the season, there was some non-standard selections which he called perfectly.

No idea who this dude is but surprised you're so nonplussed about it.
    He told me that if I didn't tweet as requested by Thursday night, and/or that further checks with their suspected mole revealed links to me, that he would hand over all of my info (from the dossier compiled by the people hired to find me) to the embittered journalists and ask them to do their worst, to run smear stories on me in the tabloid press. He said "they will make your life hell, and will turn all Liverpool supporters against you. The papers will say you cost the club you claim to love serious money, that you wilfully damaged the club".

What paper does that remind you of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Actually I think he must of met Chang instead of Cheng

888126_o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

RasTa wrote: »
    Actually I think he must of met Chang instead of Cheng

"Cheng's" actual name is Chang

Maybe Chang was one of the names in Rodgers' envelope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

its not duncan oldham.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I think most of what he is saying is probably true.

He couldnt come out with what he is saying unless it was true due to legal obligations.

Fairly obvious he had a contact inside the club at a fairly high level.

It would appear that Duncan Jenkins was a member of Koptalk which is nothing to brag about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

amiable wrote: »
    It would appear that Duncan Jenkins was a member of Koptalk which is nothing to brag about

That may be incorrect.

That may be incorrect.

That may be. But it's not.

They posted a video and I only watched the first 2 or so minutes as I can't stand him and the look of him but it was an all out dig at Chang so it would seem he's taking it to heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

They posted a video and I only watched the first 2 or so minutes as I can't stand him and the look of him but it was an all out dig at Chang so it would seem he's taking it to heart

Link ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fantastic read that, cheers.

Who posted what video?

http://braveaux.wordpress.com/2012/10/13/duncan-jenkins/

When Duncan Jenkins was a member of Koptalk with a nickname of Shaggy Alonso he probably never dreamed he’d be the next Duncan Oldham.

But that’s what Sean Cummins became. He set up a persona by the name of Duncan Jenkins, but when he added into this little alter-ego’s backstory that he was an Oldham fan it gave him the chance to laugh at Liverpool fans the way Duncan Oldham did. Without the dosh, but with the same amount of contempt.

Read his comments today about Jen Chang and you read so much more about him. Chang wasn’t his only victim, the man from Chorlton has also done damage of sorts to Liverpool fans, Liverpool FC, journalists who maybe do care about LFC and who knows how many players?

Chang clearly messed up by taking the joke account too seriously but it seems doubtful that many of those claims made by Cummins/Jenkins were true.

Once again the club is going to be the laughing stock of the fans of the clubs Sean lives nearer too but at least Sean got a bit of revenge eh! He must feel better now, knowing Chang is feeling uncomfortable, ignoring the impact on the club he claims he supported for 30 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,045 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Who posted what video?

Koptalk I presume? I think he's saying that Oldham has been having a pop at Chang in one of his videos, which backs up your point about it being a Koptalk regular.

Leiva wrote: »
    Link ?
    Who posted what video?

Sorry my bad looked at it again and he was just having a bit of a slagging calling him jacke chan or the guy from that gagnham style song. It's their 2nd most recent video on their YouTube site anyways on mobile ATM so can't link.

Sorry my bad looked at it again and he was just having a bit of a slagging calling him jacke chan or the guy from that gagnham style song. It's their 2nd most recent video on their YouTube site anyways on mobile ATM so can't link.

Showing his true class

Taken from Koptalk's youtube page
    Help stop Jen Chang from bullying innocent, quiet, non-controversial Liverpool fans like me by becoming a KopTalk VIP Member

So give them your money people

Taken from Koptalk's youtube page

So give them your money people

I said it from the start. This stinks !!

And these fückers call themselves fans :rolleyes::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Very interesting that LFC do genuinely believe there is a mole in the club, hence Chang did actually go and meet this keyboard warrior, and did threaten to take away his season ticket.

The consistently accurate team line-ups does give LFC good reason for believing there is a mole, and I don't think the colour of the training bibs would explain it.

Good article on The Independent site today with all the background the Jenkins, and also a call for Liverpool to apologise publicly (that'll go down well) -

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/ian-herbert-joke-isnt-funny-any-more-for-liverpool-tweeter-who-fell-foul-of-clubs-paranoia-8212531.html

It's all Suarez's fault.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Good article on The Independent site today with all the background the Jenkins, and also a call for Liverpool to apologise publicly (that'll go down well) -

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/ian-herbert-joke-isnt-funny-any-more-for-liverpool-tweeter-who-fell-foul-of-clubs-paranoia-8212531.html

Dam it must be true then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,045 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I don't see how they can just play it off as him having a "joke" - it's not like it was a parody or anything, tipping off funny rumours - he was actively doing his best to make people believe he had inside knowledge. For Months. And then he pisses and moans when someone at the club believed him?

He's had enough publicity already, it would be nice if he'd fuck off now and stop this rubbish tarnishing the club he supposedly loves. Find his attention elsewhere.

If this in any way jeopardizes Chang's position within the club I will be so pissed off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement