Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trail Cam

Options
  • 12-10-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Well lads, can anyone recommend a good trail cam for me to get?

It will be used for deer but don't want to spend money on it as I've a fortune on shooting over the last fortnight!

So any recommendations or know of any secondhand ones knocking about??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

What ever you do pay patsat, budget for it to get stolen. Maybe I'm just paranoid but over the last year myself and my father have had 9 traps and our pheasant feeder stolen :mad:

So hide it really well (get a model with no external lights or glow)

Here's what a search in the hunting section throws up:
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=1014&query=trail+cam

Maybe a wanted add in the For Sale/Wanted section together with this discussion will get you where you want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭EP90

Like everything in this world, you get what you pay for. I’ve got one of these http://www.stealth-trail-camera.com/Ltl-Acorn.htm Had it 3 years with out a hitch and it’s been out in all weather. No external lights once set other than IR. It works exactly as advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

I have the LTL Acorn too. Works great, even picks up small animals like hedgehogs when they come close enough. I have the model with the black lights, not visible in the dark to sticky fingered thieves. But it will get nicked unless you hide it really well or have an isolated site. Main thing is not to set the sensitivity to High unless you want loads of pics and video of branches waving in the wind! Worst 'malfunction' I had was when a snail decided to hibernate on the lens, 4 weeks later, no pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Any experience with the tasco trail cam? As long as it will take pictures I'll be happy??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I was only looking today at some in Amazon I cant do a link but if you just a basic picture there are some for US $39.99 plus postage. Dont know what they are like but will surely take a photo

• Advertisement
Advertisement