Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctions

Options
  • 12-10-2012 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone here any experience in running auctions?

I have an idea of running an auction for a specific category of product, maybe every month.

I know there are lots of online auctions but I do think there is room so an onsite/room auction for this type of product and there's plenty of it out there.

I'm not sure of what type of fees/commission I could charge or what type of
    license/insurance I would need so any advise would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Limerick Auction Rooms

Most auction rooms have a buyer and a sellers fee. This can range from 15% to 25% depending on the type of auction it is. For cars there can be a set charge or 3 to 5%. If you want to discuss what you have in mind I can help with advice. Note if you are going to auction a third parties item you will need an auctioneers licence. These are not that easy to get now...Regards Daren at The Limerick Auction Rooms

Advertisement