Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current account transaction fees. Confliciting advice:

Options
  • 12-10-2012 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know BOI are changing the criteria for eligibility for transaction free banking shortly. I am currently on the flat fee for 90 transactions. I called my branch today as I wanted to find out as much as possible about this.

I am thinking of changing bank & I wanted to be sure I had all the info I needed.

I was told that the transactions I make on banking 365 from one current account to the other (I have 2 so that i can put a few bob aside each week for bills etc) or paying off credit card bills etc are not counted..

So I then called the bank back to opt for the 90 transaction €11.40 option after counting my transactions (not including those 365 online ones) and the 2nd staff member informed me that the first staff member was wrong that the 365online transactions are included. I am anxious enough having all these additional fees but now I do not know where I stand.
    I asked the 2nd member of staff to please forward me some documentation stating that & she had none.

Can you please advise me of what the correct answer is?

I changed from a graduate account a year or 2 ago. Can I change back at all? I really am regretting my decision.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi whatlliwear,

Apologies about the conflicting information you have received.
    any transaction on your account will count towards the 90 transactions, either a debit or credit on your account.

All debit or credit transactions on your account are considered a transaction, regardless of how the transaction was made.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Wow!!! That really is unfortunate..

Can you please confirm also the €3,000. If I get paid x amount a week & that adds up to >€3,000 over the quarter (3 month period) am I excluded. Or do I have to have €3000 in my account at all times..

Advertisement