Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Bike - 30 euro - Limerick

Options
  • 12-10-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I have a 12 year old Raleigh City Bike that I will not be using any more.

The back rim wore through and shredded the tire, and since I am buying a new bike I am willing to give this bike to someone who may be able to make better use of it.

It was very well taken care of and the drivetrain, chain and sprockets are in very good order, as are the brakes.

It has an intact front wheel and tire.

The grip-shift mechanism for the front gears has broken, meaning that as of now it is stuck in the third(biggest) ring, but I'm sure it is fixable.

All this bike would need is a new back wheel+tire, a little work and it would be ready to go.

Pics are here : http://imgur.com/a/tFddY#7

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think my brother is looking for a new bike at the moment. I'll show him the pictures later this evening if someone hasn't taken it off your hands in the mean-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hurpederp

Any interest from the brother Insect Overlord? The bike is still available.

The bike is now free. Yes, free !

I'm just going to dump this bike if no one takes it, seriously someone should give it a good home.

Everything about this bike is fine, apart from an eroded back wheel.

Mods, putting free in the title would be great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

I'll take this. What part of Limerick you in?

Great. Offer accepted. I'm in Dooradoyle, I'll PM you the exact address and a suitable time.

• Advertisement

Sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

A pleasure to deal with. Thanks again

Advertisement