Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options - New Wireless Alarm Installation, Limerick Area.

Options
  • 12-10-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Guys,
    My existing alarm setup got guntered as part of a large refurbishment.
    All that's reusable is the wiring to the external bell and the mains spur to the panel location.

I'm looking for the following:
    An entirely new wireless alarm, installed and commissioned, that includes:
    1. Wireless, battery powered, slave panel, for activation/deactivation, inside front door.
    2. Sensors on 8 external windows.
    3. Sensors on two external doors and on a set of of patio doors.
    4. One PIR Sensor, hopefully can reuse existing (wired) pre-fitted unit.
    5. Capable of being monitored, using landline.

Must be extensible, as follows:
    1. GSM unit.
    2. Remote interrogation, ideally via IP.

I would like to be able to add the following, but only if the cost is reasonable.
    1. 2-4 cameras.
    2. Web-based monitoring.
    3. X10, or equivalent

Finally, I want to have full engineer access, and am happy to accept any disclaimers to protect the (approved) installer.
    I'm interested in your suggestions and recommendations, and quotes/expressions of interest, by PM

(For background, I'm a qualified electronic engineer, and I even sat full alarm installation course, many years ago. However, I need this pretty quickly and havent the time to even consider doing the work myself. I just want it fitted, in and out, to keep the other half happy. I won't be looking over the shoulder, either. :D)

Jus saw the reference to the Siemens Panel, a few threads down. This certainly appears to tick all the boxes.

Many Thanks...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For IP , IP Cameras & X10 the Siemens is the only one ticking all the boxs.
    There is no wireless keypads , but there is wireless key fobs which can be used to set & unset the system.
    The next nearest would be the HKC 10/70 ...
    Wireless Keypad is supposed to be out next month, although this has been put back a good few times this year already.
    There are plans for IP here but noting definite as yet date wise. It would be after they get the RF Keypad & GSM sorted.
    Siemens panels at present support X10 control on various levels from remote control, to calendar control & cause & effect from any alarm input or output.
    Siemens are working on their own home automation protocol for a future release. Its intended this will replace X10 on SPC panels, but it will be a user choice whether to upgrade or not.
    For more information on these 2 panels see the comparison thread here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676093

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PdMt

Siemens, it is then.

I'll be ringing a few suppliers, today.
    If anyone has a recommendation, I'd be delighted to hear it.

Cheers.

Advertisement