Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster sold me tickets now can't supply, my options?

Options
  • 12-10-2012 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    A bit of advice needed. I bought 3 tickets off ticketmaster, for the upcoming Heineken cup match munster v Edinburgh in 2 different sections almost on the halfway line in thomond park. Just got a call from ticketmaster, 4 1/4 hours after going on public sale to say these tickets are not available and all they can offer is a refund or different (worse) seats. As its not my fault, and I bought what was advertised and paid for, should I accept this offer or what else can they do?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

TAKE full refund off them if offered. Knowing ticketmaster, they may apply an admin fee just for this. Maybe then you want to explore further avenues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Full Refund .... what more do you want ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ticketmaster are unable to satisfy the contract, all you are entitled to is a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

When I first booked the tickets, there were other areas remaining that we're a lot better than what's available now. If my tickets were not available, they shouldn't have been up on their site for sale, thus allowing me to pick seats that were.
    As for the refund, no choice but to accept it, they have cancelled my tickets and refunded my money. However, it will take up to 5 working days for the money to return to my account, so if I want to buy a different ticket, will have to find another way as Visa card maxed out until the refund appears.
    As to what do I expect, I expect what I have paid for or similar. They were quick to take my booking and my money but it took ages to let me know that those tickets weren't available and will take a lot longer to get the money back. The standard of ticket is no longer the same now as the options I had at midday. That's not my fault, it's theirs for taking so long.
    Finally, how is it that if I buy a ticket and change my mind, I cannot cancel. But if ticketmaster want to, they can cancel from their end without any questioning.

I am probably just out for a whine just hoping against all the odds that they may have tickets hidden somewhere that would be similar to mine.
    A this stage, a refund is all that can be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I hate ticketmaster as much as the next guy, but you don't know what really went on here, I would have at least liked an explanation along with the refund. It could have been a problem in the stand, like faulty seats or some safety issue in an area which was only discovered days after the sale.

rubadub wrote: »
    I hate ticketmaster as much as the next guy, but you don't know what really went on here, I would have at least liked an explanation along with the refund. It could have been a problem in the stand, like faulty seats or some safety issue in an area which was only discovered days after the sale.

No safety issue or seat problems. Their explanation was the seats were incorrectly priced. Should have cost more they say than what i paid. Seats only went on general sale as single tickets at midday today.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No safety issue or seat problems. Their explanation was the seats were incorrectly priced. Should have cost more they say than what i paid. Seats only went on general sale as single tickets at midday today.
    That's pretty bad, I would have expected a big, ridiculously profitable, organization like them to foot the bill and pay for their mistake, out of goodwill (or what little they have).

Did they offer you them at the higher price? I would have at least expected that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html

Thats a different story, they took your money that forms a contract.

You could push it and get what you paid for.

Only think I can see there is :
    We reserve the right to cancel tickets without prior notice purchased in excess of this number. Please remember, all purchases are subject to credit card authorisation and billing address verification which may take place after initial confirmation has been given.

It would be a different if they didn't take the money yet.

In this case they just f&cked up

rubadub wrote: »
    That's pretty bad, I would have expected a big, ridiculously profitable, organization like them to foot the bill and pay for their mistake, out of goodwill (or what little they have).

Did they offer you them at the higher price? I would have at least expected that.

No offer of them at a higher price to me, just said they were a more expensive ticket and shouldn't have been put up for sale on their site. My options were refund or switch to a much less impressive view from somewhere else n the stadium. A refund it had to be, apparently. It just annoyed me so much that their attitude towards me was pretty much "tough". I was so impressed with what seats i had that this has probably annoyed me more than it should.

Looks like i wasnt entitled to more, I was just so annoyed that what I had was just taken from me in such a manner. Anyhow, life goes on, will just have to get over it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement