Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football injuries

• 12-10-2012 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or do the best footballers in the world never really get injured for long periods of time. I mean the likes of Ronaldo ,messi ,zidane , ronaldihno , figo, maldini, best, maradoonna , pele ,beckenbaeur. I mean truly world class players. Ok the Brazilian Ronaldo might beg to differ as I do recall him being injured for lengthy periods. I don't think van persie Rooney or who ever aren't world class and in my opinion will never be ranked up there with the players I've just mentioned. Is it because of Ronaldo, messi's etc style of play that they don't get long term injuries.

I maybe be mistaken but I don't recall any of them getting serious long term injuries. You would think these skillfull players would get kicked up and downt the pitch by burly defenders fought tackling midfielders and the like,or are they just too good and always jump outta the way of late tackles? Even when they do get tackled they seem to get up and get on with it.

Then you have the likes of Darren anderton, Jimmy Bullard ,Michael Owen good honest hard workin players that always seem to be injured and miss out on some big moments in their career.

So why do the best players never get injured and your not so world class footballer get riddled with injury?

Advertisement