Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv licence payments

Options
  • 12-10-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Dunno if this is in the right forum..Just in door and a little slip from the tv licence inspector was in the door.I knpw usual excuse but i clean forgot about getting one after my ex walked out! Im on btea at the minute,all my money goes on rent and creche,i cant afford 160 in five days! even if i let it go till next child benefit thats my food shoppingand esb money gone for nov.Can i pay in instalements at all like a 5 a week or something along those lines? I dont want to get slapped with a 1,000 fine but i just cant pull the 160 all in one go :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

If your previous licence was in your ex's name there's no major urgency. Just avoid the tv licence inspector until you can afford to pay it. Personally I got 5 or 6 of those "we called while you were out" slips through my door in the past 3 years.

Anyway, if you pay by DD you can pay in instalments: http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/More+from+An+Post/TV+Licence/TV+Licence+Direct+Debit.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

When I was out of work I stopped paying it annually and set up a direct debit which works out at around €13.50 a month is a lot more manageable then €160 in one swoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

Yeah it was in my exs name but id say he changed address on it , ivr never had a licence in my name before but ill go with direct debit option its easier for me .just dont want to get into trouble with tgem! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

its simple
    If something comes in your letter box thats not in your name, write "not at this address return to sender" and pop it in a post box. OR just put it in the bin.
    No action can be taken against you for a TV license if they don't know your name !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

OP, buy stamps!! Every fortnight I buy a couple of TV stamps. Before you know it, you've got the money for a licence. I've had the An Post reminder this week. TBH, I have the money for the licence having saved up for it throughout the year, but just to p!ss them off, I wait for the reminder.

Now, this might not help you this year. But it certainly should going forward.

• Advertisement
Advertisement