Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 13 on PC

• 12-10-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a 360, but considering I've got a newly built top of the line PC I'd quite like to make the most of it (and the game)

My main reason for purchasing will be online play. I have plenty of experience with xbox live play - is pc online play similar? Are there any niggles or issues to be aware of? Does it compare favorably?

If anyone has any experience, thoughts or opinions to add about the PC version please do respond.

Cheers,
    V
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

Came here to see if anyone else was playing this on PC, doesn't seem like too many are, unfortunately!

I've had it a while now and it's pretty much the same as the 360 version, as far as I can tell. I'm playing with a 360 pad. You can use the keyboard/mouse too but I can't imagine it plays very well with all the button combinations. All the modes and stuff are the same. I read something about the PC version having some multi-monitor stuff so you can see the whole pitch at once, but I don't really have the setup for that so haven't tried.

The only real difference from the console versions is the launcher and Origin. You can tinker a little with the settings via the launcher, stuff like AA, resolution, vsync and graphics quality. It doesn't run as well as I'd like but my PC is a few years old, so I'm sure it would be fine on a new machine. I have had a few bugs with Origin though, it occasionally messes up the cloud saves and resets squads and custom settings. The game itself was quite buggy up until recently, particularly in the online play, and I dropped it altogether for a few weeks, but it's had a few updates since and seems stable enough now.

If anyone else is playing on PC it would be nice to get a few games going, I seem to have peaked at div 3 in seasons.

Anyone interested in playing clubs?

I sold my PS3 before xmas as I was hoarding it for sports games while having a 1.5yr old rig capable of playing anything.

Playing sports games on PC never occurred to me(though that was an easy choice when the PC used to get the PS2 version until at least 2010) until recently and I decided to give the demo and it plays fine(Xbox controller).

Want to get back playing clubs but the community is fairly small.

Anyone else playing on PC?, we'd only need 3 players to get one going.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I'm still at it from time to time, but feel like I'm one of few. Just tend to do random seasons games.

My origin ID is Sam XBA *if i recall correctly, so feel free to add me and hopefully we can get something started!

Yeah, sounds good. Haven't played it in a while, but I'd be up for a few games.

vard wrote: »
    I'm still at it from time to time, but feel like I'm one of few. Just tend to do random seasons games.

My origin ID is Sam XBA *if i recall correctly, so feel free to add me and hopefully we can get something started!

Think I sent it a few days ago.
    Yeah, sounds good. Haven't played it in a while, but I'd be up for a few games.

Whats your addy?

Mines Gilberto_eire

• Advertisement

Sorry guys, forgot about this thread and then couldn't find the Xbox pad :/

Added you both now, my id is unndone.

Sorry guys, forgot about this thread and then couldn't find the Xbox pad :/

Added you both now, my id is unndone.

Was wondering who that was that added me.

If we could get a 3rd regular we could make a club of that.

I'm playing with some Romanian lads at the minute but wouldn't mind jumping ****.
    They only seem to play when a certain fella is online, he wants a 5-4-1-2 all the time and gets everyone to quit out if they concede before the 5 minute mark.

I usually end up playing as ANY with one CM and the defence(never get ANY as a striker as there's always 4/5 and some hog the strikers positions) so would rather play with 2/3 and have goes at Striker/ANY from time to time.

Advertisement