Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best European Finance Masters

Options
  • 12-10-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,

I was pursuing a career in law until recently but am now thinking about doing a finance masters instead at one of the top universities in europe. I'm finishing Business & Law in UCD this year. Finance and banking have been my favourite subjects so far which has spawned the change of mind of career direction.

Some of the universities I have been looking at are HEC in Paris, Bocconi in Italy, HSG in Switzerland and ILF in Frankfurt.

My Degree classification is currently a 2:1 although most of my experience is legal related.

Is there any common difficulties my application may face and does anyone have any tips, be it about the universities I have mentioned (please feel free to mention any others that would be good!) or my plan in general?

Thanks!

P.S. It's masters taught in english I'm looking at!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

BW1 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I was pursuing a career in law until recently but am now thinking about doing a finance masters instead at one of the top universities in europe. I'm finishing Business & Law in UCD this year. Finance and banking have been my favourite subjects so far which has spawned the change of mind of career direction.

Some of the universities I have been looking at are HEC in Paris, Bocconi in Italy, HSG in Switzerland and ILF in Frankfurt.

My Degree classification is currently a 2:1 although most of my experience is legal related.

Is there any common difficulties my application may face and does anyone have any tips, be it about the universities I have mentioned (please feel free to mention any others that would be good!) or my plan in general?

Thanks!

P.S. It's masters taught in english I'm looking at!

Amsterdam, or LBS. EDHEC or HEC also good. Pretty much any
    CFA partner (Tcd/Ucd in Ireland) are good also. What you need are network and technical skills. Go do the GMAT and keep doing it until you get close to 700. Make sure your math and stats are up to snuff. In fact, beyond snuff.

Advertisement