Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Physio for musicians....

• 12-10-2012 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone has any experience with physio's who specialize in injuries from playing instruments (in my case a guitar).

I was looking at this place http://www.therapyxperts.ie/therapyxperts/main/Musician.htm

Anyone use them or recommend another?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I have no experience of the people in the link. However, IMO an injury is an injury no matter how it is acquired, and any good qualified physiotherapist should be capable of treating/advising you, if you give them details of how you acquired the injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Thanks for the reply, I've a physio I see for other stuff I'll give him a go.
    I'm hoping it can be cleared up, it's stopping me from doing any sort of practice at the mo...

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, I've a physio I see for other stuff I'll give him a go.
    I'm hoping it can be cleared up, it's stopping me from doing any sort of practice at the mo...

I'm curious as to the nature of the injury. I assume it is to do with carpel tunnel syndrome or RSI or such like ?

I'm sure you will be back playing soon, if you stick with the advice/treatment of the physio.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

It came on when I was practicing a piece with some more than usual stretching in my fretting hand. I started getting some discomfort around the wrist. I've been resting it a few days but when I start playing again it returns. I am now even getting some pain in my forearm near the elbow joint.

I've had minor issues with this arm/elbow/wrist over the years so I'm thinking it could be flairing up an old problem. Just wanna get it sorted, you know how it is:))

You are right not to make it worse by playing through the pain, as a lot of people often do.

Best of luck....hope you're back rockin' soon !! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement