Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a favour

Options
  • 12-10-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭

Could somebody tell me if there will be a break in cloud cover over the next few hours in menesjarvi, Finland? ( near Inari) On my mobile so can't look properly. Aurora watching...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

fits wrote: »
    Aurora watching...

,,,,bragging more like! :p Only joking.

This is probably your best bet. http://www.sat24.com/en/scan Should be easy enough to view on your mobile too.

Looks a bit murky Finland way, some thicker cloud and thinner cloud by the looks of it. If there were any clear areas, they'd show up black (or close to it).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Aurora watching...

This is probably your best bet. http://www.sat24.com/en/scan Should be easy enough to view on your mobile too.

Looks a bit murky Finland way, some thicker cloud and thinner cloud by the looks of it. If there were any clear areas, they'd show up black (or close to it).

No not braggging :D. I live in Finland but in a city and no car. We are out in wilderness tonight and hoping to get some view of it but its raining at the moment. You guys with proper pcs might get a better idea...

It looks quiet tonight anyway... But should be able to see sometimg if there's any break in the clouds at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Aurora watching...

No not braggging :D. I live in Finland but in a city and no car. We are out in wilderness tonight and hoping to get some view of it but its raining at the moment. You guys with proper pcs might get a better idea...

It looks quiet tonight anyway... But should be able to see sometimg if there's any break in the clouds at all.
    so it looks like there'll be a gap in next hour or so.. Am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Advertisement