Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in town serving wine from full bottles???

Options
  • 12-10-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭

What nice pubs in the city serve wine from full bottles as oppose to just quarter bottles? Obviously the wine bars do, and the bodega and woodford.. but are there any others? Its too cold for beer..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Ask in Le Chateau and the Long Valley. I'm not sure they do, but they are likely to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭sporina

Ask in Le Chateau and the Long Valley. I'm not sure they do, but they are likely to. :)

yeah the long valley does.. not mad about the place though.. i wish the mutton lane and places like that would start do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

The Dilly Dally Inn do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Maines near the GPO, it's joined into the crane lane. Self service wine bar, the wine is quite nice in there also.

(I don't work there, not a director or owner, just incase anyone thinks I'm promoting my business :-D)

Maines near the GPO, it's joined into the crane lane. Self service wine bar, the wine is quite nice in there also.

(I don't work there, not a director or owner, just incase anyone thinks I'm promoting my business :-D)

i know maines well - looking for somewhere a little lower key.
    pity meades has closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

sporina wrote: »
    i know maines well - looking for somewhere a little lower key.
    pity meades has closed.

I thought Meade's had opened up again recently? I know it had closed, but surely it hasn't closed again? I know people who were there a few weeks ago.

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Sober Lane do. They actually had a decent offer of a pizza and a bottle of wine (full 750ml) for €20. I haven't been for a while but i'd imagine that they still do full bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

The Oliver Plunkett, good spot

Vivara wrote: »
    I thought Meade's had opened up again recently? I know it had closed, but surely it hasn't closed again? I know people who were there a few weeks ago.

V.

it had opened again but closed earlier this week.. probably a money issue or something..

Advertisement