Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King - Under the dome ..

Options
  • 12-10-2012 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just saw this the other day, good to see King release another long book,
    is it good ?

Gets good reviews but would like to know what people on here think.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Am a big Stephen King fan but had got weary of his recent stuff such as cell but got Under the Dome not expecting much. Boy was I surprised - cracking stuff back to classic Stephen King at his very best..

Well worth the read as is his latest 11/22/63 - another cracking book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Nice one !!

cheers , I'll get it for the kindle so due to the size :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Am a big Stephen King fan but had got weary of his recent stuff such as cell but got Under the Dome not expecting much. Boy was I surprised - cracking stuff back to classic Stephen King at his very best..

Well worth the read as is his latest 11/22/63 - another cracking book

I wasn't too impressed with 11/22/63 (long for the sake of it), but did think that Under the Dome was a return to form.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Enjoyed both - though I thought 11/22/63 was actually better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I think SK's books all fall into one of two categories: Brilliant story, lame ending, or Lame story, brilliant ending.

Under the Dome was definitely Brilliant story, lame ending. I was enjoying the story so much I knew the ending would be crap, so it didn't bother me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

tbh wrote: »
    I think SK's books all fall into one of two categories: Brilliant story, lame ending, or Lame story, brilliant ending.

Under the Dome was definitely Brilliant story, lame ending. I was enjoying the story so much I knew the ending would be crap, so it didn't bother me.

His endings break my heart cause I love the books themselves. This is the same, it is a cracking good read and a serious page turner, but the ending :confused: wtf.

I wish he would get a better agent, or literary producer or something along these lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

tbh wrote: »

sums up Stephen King's work perfectly but maybe that's why I'm such a huge fan - I can never remeber the ending of a book so never bothers me...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It's about the journey, not the destination. :)

Advertisement