Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Traffic wardens ??

Options
  • 12-10-2012 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

Any opinions on these guys, I got a ticket last week I only left the car to drop a letter in the Corporation office definitely only in there 1/2 mins max, I didnt even lock the car.
    Are there any minutes grace to get change for a ticket, even though I didnt think id need one plus I had only a credit card on me which of course the machines does not take, say for instance you only needed a newspaper in a shop, do you still need a ticket for 2 minutes or less.
    While waiting in a city in England last week I watched how the TW work over there, they walk up to a car check the details at the rear then the front then the tax etc all in they take at least 3/4 minutes even checking to see if the driver is around before printing the ticket.
    The TW in Drogheda seem to run up print and gone 30seconds flat...
    I have paid my fine but under protest the manager hadnt even the b@lls to come to the hatch, he sent some under study to face me the spineless git.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

yeah you should get some grace they should check then if your not back within a given time well tough luck, but they don't do that gurriers one and all ,i was talking to one of them down by the key he said it was a great job for making new friends,(didn't give a flying f...k):P
    i'll nail you even if your sitting in your car without a parking ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

The time logged on the tickets given often doesn't match the time on the money meters giving the tickets.

In other words if the time difference WAS only a minute then if you'd bought a ticket straight away it could in all probability be BEFORE the time the ticket was issued.

Happened to me while I went to get change for the meter and the ticket giver even told me this when I came back. I bought a ticket and the time was before the ticket time so I just took them into the office and they were cancelled there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 meathmagic

If you get a ticket within a 10 minute timeframe and bring it into the office you will be Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

meathmagic wrote: »
    If you get a ticket within a 10 minute timeframe and bring it into the office you will be Ok.
    Wrong on that one .
    I got the ticket 14.12pm went into where the fines are paid, the time was 14.16pm filled out the form giving the reasons but the letter came the following week, stating "we are not accepting the reason for this fine to be disregarded".
    Used to do all our shopping in Drogheda but that is going to change all because of these money grabbing cnuts.

Advertisement