Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning an Xbox 360

Options
  • 12-10-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Anyone know what the returns policy is in Game stop for an Xbox 360 ? Bought the limited edition MW3 version last December and over the past few days it has started to freeze on me after about 30mins of being turned on. From what I remember I was told in store when buying the console that there is a 1 year guarantee but I cant quite remember. Anyone able to shed any light on this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

The one year warranty will cover repairs from microsoft. You can bring it back to Gamestop but they will more than likely tell you to contact microsoft to get it repaired.

If you follow this link it will show you how to get started. It's quite simple. I've done it with two separate consoles and both had them repaired with in two weeks... Each time they also gave me a months xbox live card as a good will for the repair!

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/repair/repair-process

Edit: The link directs to the US site but if you hit the "start the repair request" at the end of the page and sign in, it will redirect to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

You have a two year repair warranty in Ireland directly from Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Before you send the whole console off for repair try it without the hard drive, freezing can be caused by a dodgy hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 gunnerman1100

Meesared wrote: »
    Before you send the whole console off for repair try it without the hard drive, freezing can be caused by a dodgy hard drive.

How do you remove the hard drive ? its one of the new 360's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

• Advertisement
Advertisement