Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foundation recommendation

• 12-10-2012 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭

Can someone recommend me a really good foundation?

l wear no foundation atm, its just now lm becoming conscious of spots, blackheads & dark circles under my eyes. I want something thats light, gives you colour, long wear & doesnt give you an oily/greasy looking face.

l heard no.7 are doing this match your foundation color also, anyone tryed this? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to you own thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

l heard no.7 are doing this match your foundation color also, anyone tryed this? :)
    I'm trying this tomorrow in Blanch so ill come back and let you know. My sister has a voucher for a free bottle of foundation and is giving it to me yaay! Apparently the new luminating one is meant to be good so will give it a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Foundation is very YMMV. And it's very hard to find a good one that works for you. One that works for a friend may be horrible for you. If your only problem is spots and dark circles, I'd just go for concealer. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer is very good for spots. For under eyes, I love Bobbi Brown Corrector and TheBalm Time Balm. As a budget option, I heard that Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer is good for under eyes.

For blackheads, you need a good cleansing and exfoliation routine. (While we're at it: if you start wearing foundation and not cleanse properly, you'll get break outs. I wouldn't start wearing foundation for minor problems.)

I tried the No 7 service and did not like it. I love Lisa Eldridge, make up artist and the creative director of No 7. But, as per my experience and a few of my friends' who tried the service as well, it doesn't really work.

As I understand, you want something light, long wearing (light and long wearing usually don't go along) and with a natural/satin or matte finish (definitely not dewy finish). It is very hard to give foundation advice without knowing your skin type, skin tone, age, etc. And what do you mean by "gives you colour"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

anniehoo wrote: »
    I'm trying this tomorrow in Blanch so ill come back and let you know. My sister has a voucher for a free bottle of foundation and is giving it to me yaay! Apparently the new luminating one is meant to be good so will give it a try.

hey did u try out the no.7 match foundation? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Bobbi Brown skin foundation and their natural matte finish would be good for a light, natural, non oily/greasy look. They are very expensive at 45 euros a bottle though.

Their oil free tinted moisturiser is amazing too, again, expensive at 36 euros.

No7 stay perfect foundation it lovely too, medium coverage and has a dewy finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I'd say call in to brown thomas, debenhams or wherever and have a wander around the make up counters and try get a few samples and chat to the girls on counter for there advice. Or make a trip to boots have a look at a few few foundations, my favourites from boots are Revlon colour stay and Bourjois helathy mix. Both nice foundations and good colour matches, but what works for me might not work for you, so just a case of trial and error :) Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Bourjois Healthy Mix (either the original or the serum version) is great and very buildable. Great for oily skin (light powder will do) and lasts ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I've been using Urban decay Naked skin for the last few months. Great coverage but a thin consistency. I tried it when it was a free sample as I had never used the face products from the brand but I love it. Only way I can see myself changing from it would be if it was discontinued. Have heard some people have had a bad experience though so it's worth getting a sample.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 x167346

I use estee lauder double wear which is full coverage and quite heavy but recently I have been trying revlon photoready which is much lighter but still lasts all day giving a matt finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

bourjois healthy mix is a very nice and light but medium coverage and lasts quite well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

+1 to the Bobbi Brown foundation, lovely finish and one of the few that are available in a colour pale enough for me. I paid £25 for it in Gatwick airport, didn't realise it was so much dearer here!

Advertisement