Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seafood restaurants

Options
  • 12-10-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

what is a good seafood restaurant in the kingdom ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

Depends on where you are Tralee has spa seafood fish works oyster traven

Killarney has gabys
    Dingle has a number of them like foleys

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Spa Seafoods just outside Tralee on the way to Fenit is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 glanza__gt

Oyster tavern is fab a defo must also i agree spa seafoods also try half door in dingle its one word AMAZING food

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kerri Gorm

I second QC's it is fab. They do a great early bird and have set up a nice bnb in the last year or two.
    If you are in south Kerry there is also "The Point" its about 2 miles outside cahersiveeen.... amazing sea food. Especially the hot and cold dish.... yummy The point is cash only. Enjoy it whatever you decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

+1 on QCs and the Point. I tried Jacks in Cromane a few weeks ago, it was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59,602 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Also can vouch for Spa Seafoods on the Fenit Road. In Dingle, I'd strongly recommend 'Out of the Blue' which is near the tourist information office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

i think it will be between QC and out of the blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭MP62

I'd imagine its similar to good ones elsewhere, i.e. one that serves good food of the sea variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

MP62 wrote: »
    I'd imagine its similar to good ones elsewhere, i.e. one that serves good food of the sea variety.

WAKA-WAKA-FONZIE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Marine Hotel in Ballybunion is great for seafood.

Also in Ballyb, McMunns & Kilcooleys sea-food chower (chow-dare!) is always fantastic.

• Advertisement

Spillane's Pub in the Maharees nr Castlegregory used to be great, for crab claws anyway.

Have heard good stuff about Out of the Blue.

Where is QCs? And that one in Cahersiveen, 2 miles out which direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kerri Gorm

QC's is on Cahersiveen main street.

The point is at the bottom of the Renard road. Head out of Cahersiveen towards Waterville and take the first right turn for Renard about 1km outside Cahersiveen. The Point is at the bottom of this road, facing Valentia Harbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Cam2012

So where are the good sea good restaurants located in Tralee ?

Any they children friendly too?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Cam2012 wrote: »
    So where are the good sea good restaurants located in Tralee ?

Any they children friendly too?

Thanks!

The only seafood specific restaurant in Tralee is in the AbbeyGate hotel. I haven't heard any reviews about the place http://www.abbeygate-hotel.com/bar_bistro

To be honest, Spa seafood restaurant is your best bet. Less than 10 minutes drive from Tralee and the food is superb.
    http://www.spaseafoods.com/index.html

Kate Browne's in Ardfert has some very good seafood also.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Oyster Tavern, Spa Seafoods, The Tankard & West End are all just outside Tralee.

The Tankard have a 'bouncy castle / slide thingy' on the lawn at the rear with outside seating too !

Advertisement