Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 History

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 elko994

Our teacher said that there's a good chance of the lockout and maybe James Craig and the Unionists because that was happening around 1913 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

user.name wrote: »
    If anyone wants notes on Katanga I pretty much sumed up the whole chapter myself. I got an a with them in the documents they might be of some help to someone :P
    If you can do that, it would be great help. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    If you can do that, it would be great help. Cheers!

Sure just send me your email in PM:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 J_A

Does anyone think that the Eucharistic Congress and social differences North and South will come up on the mock? As either or both come up pretty much every year in the actual exam? Also, in the green book (don't have it to hand so I'm uncertain of its proper name) GAA, the Gaelic League and the Anglo-Irish literacy revival all come up as "cultural revival" pretty much every year, do you think learning those topics from the two Irish History books would be safe for the mocks? I'm running out of time to try learn every single chapter :/
    Also, anyone and ideas of what might come up under dictatorship and democracy? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 MrCraigButler

user.name wrote: »
    If anyone wants notes on Katanga I pretty much sumed up the whole chapter myself. I got an a with them in the documents they might be of some help to someone :P

that would be sweet if you could send them on ! thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 MrCraigButler

do we have to write 2 essays on ireland and one on Europe and the wider world , or vice versa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

J_A wrote: »
    Does anyone think that the Eucharistic Congress and social differences North and South will come up on the mock? As either or both come up pretty much every year in the actual exam? Also, in the green book (don't have it to hand so I'm uncertain of its proper name) GAA, the Gaelic League and the Anglo-Irish literacy revival all come up as "cultural revival" pretty much every year, do you think learning those topics from the two Irish History books would be safe for the mocks? I'm running out of time to try learn every single chapter :/
    Also, anyone and ideas of what might come up under dictatorship and democracy? :)

Eucharistic Congress is done to death in the real thing and if it came up on the mock I wouldn't be surprised because the mocks don't really give a real indication of whats coming up in June. Don't worry about the mocks too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

My teacher says that it was be a travesty if India came up (she used them exact words) since it came up last year in both the mocks and the LC. She's 95% sure that it's either Katanga/France for the documents, France being the most likely of the two. I'm not taking any chances though.

Nice to see an Irish QPR fan, we are a rare breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kate_B7

Anyone know in the northern ireland section how Civil rights & The welfare state could come up together? My teacher was hinting at it for the pres and dont know how to go about it!:/

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

Would anyone know the maximum amount of worlds needed for the History research project - extended? Mines about 1620 is that to much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Sucette! wrote: »
    Would anyone know the maximum amount of worlds needed for the History research project - extended? Mines about 1620 is that to much?

Nope, as long as you can fit it into the booklet that would be grand. Just write a bit smaller than you normally would maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

0mega wrote: »
    Nope, as long as you can fit it into the booklet that would be grand. Just write a bit smaller than you normally would maybe.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DonallFitz

Just assume the essays that came up last year will NOT be coming up this year. Best assumption anyone can make :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kate_B7

Anyone know the date the project has to be in for?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DonallFitz

Kate_B7 wrote: »
    Anyone know the date the project has to be in for?:)

My teacher told me 23 April. Best be finished before that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tracyc123

please do on <email address removed>

Please do not post email addresses. PM the OP if necessary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Does anyone now where can I find an A standard h.l history essay? No specific title, but from one of those books - democracy and dictatorship, pursuit of sovereignty, or movement for political and soc reforms.
    I want to find out what I'm doing wrong, and in my class there is absolutely no one who gets remotely good grades. I'd really like to improve on my essays, as I would hate to come out of the exam knowing that I knew what to write, but not how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

mixery wrote: »
    Does anyone now where can I find an A standard h.l history essay? No specific title, but from one of those books - democracy and dictatorship, pursuit of sovereignty, or movement for political and soc reforms.
    I want to find out what I'm doing wrong, and in my class there is absolutely no one who gets remotely good grades. I'd really like to improve on my essays, as I would hate to come out of the exam knowing that I knew what to write, but not how.
    I can scan my stalin essay from the mocks for u i got an a in it i think :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

If you could do that, that'd be great! I'll send you my e-mail in PM.

Advertisement