Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to Make Homemade Sushi

Options
  • 12-10-2012 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to start making sushi at home and was wondering if anyone knows both offline and online where I could buy a good kit? I figure I can just buy the seaweed, rice and other ingredients locally from an oriental emporium but what type of bamboo mat and other equipment should I get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

You can get a bambo mat in tescos along with the miri, rice wine vinegar, sushi rice and nori, wasabi and pickled ginger. After that all you need is salt sugar, veg and fish and maybe fisheggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Tesco? Perfect. I was looking at sites like www.sushisushi.co.uk etc but I figured i didn't need all the ingredients they were selling. Can you recommend a good recipe book?

I'm more of a scared sushi eater tbh. I generally stick to tuna, teriyaki duck/chicken, california rolls, prawns etc.

Brilliant. Thanks a million for that.

• Advertisement

I'll let you know how I get on.

How much does a packet of the sushi rice make? If I was looking to make sushi for a week would I need many many packets or would an asian emporium be able to supply me with a big bag?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    How much does a packet of the sushi rice make? If I was looking to make sushi for a week would I need many many packets or would an asian emporium be able to supply me with a big bag?

All the sushi which I made in that thread was done with half a box of sushi rice.

Perfect, cheers!

Advertisement