Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this the first group of Irish players to not care about playing for Ireland?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

theres a difference between not caring and not being good enough.

the players do care, they just were shown up last night as if they werent trying. its hard to keep chasing a ball for 90 minutes, its why top sides normally score alot of late goals, the opposition simply cant cope.

ireland could only match them for 35 mins last night, once they got through, it was game over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

we really don't have the players. we were really bad tonight though, but we don't have the players to change it

This is absolute nonsense. I'm really sorry but this "we don't have the players" lark is complete and utter horse****

Let's look at Trap's favourite XI:
    Westwood
    O'Shea--Dunne--St.Ledger--Ward
    McGeady--Andrews--Whelan--Cox
    Doyle--Keane

Let's look at another XI, not including the players in the above team
    Forde
    Coleman--O'Dea--Clark--Wilson
    Hunt--McCarthy--Meyler--McClean
    Long--Walters

How many of the players in the bottom team would you put into the top team (change formations as you wish)? I can count EIGHT players.

Also, here's a team of 23 or under
    McLoughlin
    Kiernan--Duffy--Canavan--White
    Carruthers--Hendrick--Clifford
    Brady
    Murray
    Mason

Now, I know we don't have an abundance of talent like Spain and Germany, but for anybody to say we don't have the players to improve this team is talking through their hole. We have the players to improve this team and we have the players to get in the faces of the bigger sides, like the Irish national team has a reputation for. That under-23 team would probably have lost by a similar scoreline last night but I have no doubt in my mind that they would have left everything out on that pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

I know Ireland were abysmal last night, but the Germans were amazing to watch. It was made easy for them yes, but the fluency and speed of their movement was great. They are the 2nd best team in the world and, on their day, could beat anybody 6-1 IMO. I do agree that Ireland need a new direction, and the manner of the defeat was unacceptable.

It'll be a rough few years, but all we can do is stay behind the team regardless of playing style/bad management. Maybe one day, we'll have some world beaters. If that day comes, we all might look back and laugh.

Advertisement