Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog lead

• 12-10-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering whats the best lead for a small terrier cross?

Have a flimsy thing at the moment. Was walking her tonight and the lead slipped of my hand and she ran on to road nearly getting killed in process! Shes grand though! I s there lead with a good grip on it out there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 scoopdog

i only use www.EZYDOG.com for dog leads, full neoprene and very hard wearing , i have a boxer that went through leads like no tomorrow but these leads are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I use Ancol leads for my dog. Lovely wide lead, with padded grip, and sturdy hook for the lead. It's cheaper to get them on eBay - I only paid £3 for mine. Wash well too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

I use Ancol leads for my dog. Lovely wide lead, with padded grip, and sturdy hook for the lead. It's cheaper to get them on eBay - I only paid £3 for mine. Wash well too!

+1 on Ancol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Assassins Creed

Problem is any lead will slip out of your hand if you relax and forget about it. Happens to most of us at some time or other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

We use one either a Flexi lead (extendable) or one of these --> http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00PCeTMHurgEqA/Braided-Dog-Leash.jpg

Most pet stores sell both, the sort leads are sturdy and they last for ages or if you choose the Flexi, they give the dog a bit more freedom of can be reeled in when needed ( (just to note - buy one up a weight size in the Flexi as the smaller ones can be a bit weak).

Don't worry about the lead slipping out of your hand, as Assassins Creed pointed out - happens to us all! I tend to wrap my wrist into the lead to that even if I do relax my hand, it won't slip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I never use an extended lead with my dog. Once he had his puppy classes, we walk him on the short (1m) lead or he's walked off lead.

I find that extended leads do not give you as much control over the dog. I've seen people walking dogs on extended leads which lead to all kinds of fun if the dog sees a cat or decides to have a talk/dust-up with another dog!

Can anyone recommend a good strong flexi lead? Lola has lost her off the lead privilage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Dunny wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good strong flexi lead? Lola has lost her off the lead privilage.

Go for the larger weight ones - for bigger dogs - they tend to be sturdy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Extendable ones I think are dangerous if walking a dog on a road but handy if you area walking a dog in a forest or fields etc. With a regular lead you have to wrap it around your wrist it's so easy for them to slip though can happen to anyone. Mollys.ie have cute leads or maybe try etsy

Just for walking in the park. I have an Ancol lead if we are going thru town or near roads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement