Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology help!

• 12-10-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Seeing as as biology is such a long course I was wondering does anyone know of any useful websites or have any advice re studying and what you need to know ... the book I have is full of waffle so that's not to helpful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lukejmss

studyclix.ie works for me

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Try these
    http://leavingbio.net/
    http://thephysicsteacher.ie/leavingcertbiologyhome.html

Many teachers including my own, upload their notes onto to the internet where their students can access it at home. A quick Google search might find some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I would seriously advise going through all the exam papers, try the questions for yourself and answer them to your best standard. Then, correct them using the marking schemes.
    That way you know what you need for each question and how some words actually are a clue as to how much to write for each answer. While study websites are great, it's much much better to go through the exam papers and marking schemes. You'll really see the difference when you do the mocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I'd agree with boeing. past papers are a great way to study. It may feel as if you're not actually studying and therefore feel as if you're wasting precious studying time but you'd be surprised at how much you'll remember (and learn) while doing them. Having said that I would personally not solely use past papers. the most effective way of studying for myself is to condense the chapter into a few pages (use a pc so you can always read it, should your handwriting change).
    If you find it generally difficult to study the subject it may be best to link the contents of any given chapter to something you enjoy, this works especially with definitions were some words can sound similar to words you use in everyday life and so can be linked to your memory in that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 duffyheap

The biology revise was my bible for my leaving cert year I don't know what I would have doing without it to be honest. Doing exam questions it also great for studying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

revise wise alone and exam papers will get a very high grade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

You should pm finality. She has some great tips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

BL1993 wrote: »
    You should pm finality. She has some great tips.

-,-

I thought the biology book was great and it's all I used, I can't really help here :L

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Keep a folder of all your exam question practice answers and every so often, make a new attempt at a previously tried question. Imagine slight twists that could be put on a previously asked question and answer that version.

Be prepared for any twists and get your timing sorted.
    Good luck.

Advertisement