Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondhand equipment

• 12-10-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

Hello all. Looking for a little advice on secondhand equipment. I have recently taken up archery and was heart set on new equipment until I was offered some secondhand gear. Problem is, I'm sufficiently inexperienced to know if I have been offered a good deal.

So if I could pick your brains, what you you be willing to pay for the following?

Hoyt Matrix Riser
    32lb Hoyt G3 Parabolic limbs for 68" bow length
    Negrini type hard case
    Spigarelli wrap-around arrow rest
    Spigarelli button
    Beiter clicker

That's it. No arrows, sight, bracer, quiver or tab bought yet, so I have it all to get.

Also are the G3 parabolic a carbon fibre limb?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

About €200 - €300 tops. Depending on condition and age.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Minder wrote: »

Hoyt Matrix Riser
    32lb Hoyt G3 Parabolic limbs for 68" bow length
    Negrini type hard case
    Spigarelli wrap-around arrow rest
    Spigarelli button
    Beiter clicker

At one time the Matrix was Hoyts top riser. So that's a good buy, assuming it's in good order.

The G3 limbs were also top limbs. They had a reputation for stacking (building up poundage heavily at the end of the draw making it harder to anchor and expand). To a degree that will depend on draw length so if possible try the combo before committing money.

The wrap around arrow rest was flavour of the year a few years ago and there's nothing wrong with them. They are so adjustable it can be awkward to set them up but they are highly adjustable and once set, that's it.

There are different Spigarelli buttons but they would be generally a set up above the basic ones so that's good.
    Also are the G3 parabolic a carbon fibre limb?
    I think they are a carbon/foam limb.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Advertisement