Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

Options
  • 12-10-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

A couple of my woodturning friends have had information and images taken from their sites and placed on another site without their knowledge or consent. Another friend who makes furniture had images taken from his site and all his contact details and placed on another site impersonating him and his company and letting on to sell his products. He wasn't aware of this site until recently and said he knew nothing about it.
    Can anything be done to shut down these websites because I believe they are both set up to fraudulently take money from people. The person who set up the site for my furniture making friend has contacted him and a number of other craftspeople in person looking for money for setting up these sites even though they didn't want them or know they were already set up.
    The thing is the site name has no connection at all with woodwork or woodturning.
    Advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

moved from Security. Its not really a security issue, anyone can copy an image from a website. Only security related option I can think of is to watermark your images before posting them up.

maybe someone familiar with marketing will have a advice on what options are open to you when this happens.

Advertisement