Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what planet?

Options
  • 12-10-2012 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

hi there just been looking at a planet 45dergrees in the east/south eastern sky-extremely bright, could count 4 moons plus another quite a distance away from the rest. Any idea what it is? Thanks:confused:

Comments

Jupiter.

Were you looking at it through a telescope or binoculars? (I ask because without their use it's impossible to see its moons.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

gvn wrote: »
    Jupiter.

Were you looking at it through a telescope or binoculars? (I ask because without their use it's impossible to see its moons.)
    Have celestron skymaster 25x 100 though I need to get a tripod that will securely hold them. Really wonderful sight....I'd give anything to travel out there! Thanks for the info.

Have celestron skymaster 25x 100 though I need to get a tripod that will securely hold them. Really wonderful sight....I'd give anything to travel out there! Thanks for the info.

You should download Stellarium for your computer — a great program that'll show you the sky as it appears for your time and location. It'll give you plenty of ideas for other celestial objects to look at, too.

Happy 'gazing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Great download- terrific help thanks again.

Advertisement