Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad/mad story in the mail online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

time lord wrote: »

I have very mixed feelings about this it seems awful from every angle.

I can't even formulate them into sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭puppieperson

Just read the piece in the paper I hate the way these papers sensationalize cruelty. bad owners make bad dogs there are so many ill informed people who aquire a dog because its the popular choice. Just look on done deal and you can immediately see the 5 most popular types of dog, lots of these dogs need much more understanding and care then the hapless yuppies who buy them are aware of and thence this happens.
    I have been a dog owner for 40 plus years and have looked after my dogs and never had any problems. people need to be educated about pet ownership thats all. i feel for that poor woman and yes his response was excessive I should hate to be married to such a passive aggressive human being!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

He’s attacked loads of dogs on this estate and he’s even gone for a kid outside the Budgens up the road.
    I was screaming for help and the owner was nowhere to be seen.

I'm with Mr Stearman on this one

Was he supposed to stand there and wait?
    I was kicking and punching it but it wouldn’t budge so I went into the kitchen and got three knives.
    'I’m not proud of what I’ve done but what was I supposed to do, stand there and let it kill my dog?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I'm with Mr Stearman on this one

Was he supposed to stand there and wait?

Why not stop when enough force had been exerted to stop the attack on his own dog? Why keep going to the point that he killed the dog, I find it very hard to believe that 20 stabs were needed before the dog let go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

i feel for that poor woman and yes his response was excessive I should hate to be married to such a passive aggressive human being!!

Poor woman my eye . . . stupid irresponsible woman certainly, poor dog, if anything:

Neighbour Kim McFarland, 54, claimed Miss Jenkins let to dog run around the estate.

She said: 'Daisy always used to let the dog off the lead and it would run round the estate.

'It used to go for other dogs. It never had a muzzle on.

'One neighbour only just managed to get her dog inside once before he went for it. Even when she closed the door it kept charging at it.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The answer is in the article AJ
    He literally couldn’t get Tyson off his dog. What was he supposed to do, wait until it killed his dog? It would have been the same circumstances - a dog would still be dead.'

I find it very hard to believe that 20 stabs were needed before the dog let go.

I can believe it.

I'm fully behind him. That dog was dangerous and out of control. Same principle that a farmer is entitled to shoot a dog after his sheep. Try to take your pet out of the jaws of a dog that size and you may very well find yourself being mauled too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The answer is in the article AJ

It also says that he had a prior run in with this dog, I'd like to know if he reported the previous incident to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

God, I'm sorry I read that article. A blend of stupid that can only result in death and destruction. Horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

A few months back while out walking my 3 dogs(on leads) we were attacked by a german shepherd. If I had been able to get my hands on a knife I would have stabbed that dog too. Completely unprovoked attack! Only for a man driving by stopped to help, I would have at least two dead dogs. So yeah I think he was completely in the right in what he did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Have to I agree with the sentiment, was it really necessary for that many stabs?

Advertisement