Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slide film at home.

• 13-10-2012 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Thinking about developing my own slide film, what do i need to know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

colour film is doable, but a serious headache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

colour film is doable, but a serious headache.

Nah, C-41 is easy peasy. It's only marginally more difficult than B&W, if only because you've got to make some effort to keep your times and temps a little more exact. In some respects it's actually easier because it's ALWAYS 38.5 and 3'14'' for standard development. There's no agonizing over which dev or which concentration you're going to use, or will you stand dev or agitate or .. or .. or ...

E6 I haven't tried, reportedly it's a wee bit more complicated than C-41 because you REALLY have to get your times and temps correct if you want a good slide. As with c-41 though, if you're just scanning you can probably afford to be a bit more ... lax ...

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Nah, C-41 is easy peasy. It's only marginally more difficult than B&W, if only because you've got to make some effort to keep your times and temps a little more exact. In some respects it's actually easier because it's ALWAYS 38.5 and 3'14'' for standard development. There's no agonizing over which dev or which concentration you're going to use, or will you stand dev or agitate or .. or .. or ...

E6 I haven't tried, reportedly it's a wee bit more complicated than C-41 because you REALLY have to get your times and temps correct if you want a good slide. As with c-41 though, if you're just scanning you can probably afford to be a bit more ... lax ...

From what i'm reading keeping your chemicals contained in sealed containers while heating them in important too for E6, cross contamination ruins the reuse of chemicals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

From what i'm reading keeping your chemicals contained in sealed containers while heating them in important too for E6, cross contamination ruins the reuse of chemicals.

You can't reuse the chemicals. There is a change for every run. They go off very quickly and a perfect result on Monday could be magenta cast by the following Monday reusing the chemicals and allowing extra time and refresh for the chemical exhaustion.

I got a big dev tank to take three rolls and I'd do nine virtually one after the other in batches of three or a mix 120/35mm

A note you will be in contravention of the pollution act to mix your waste and flush it.

Even the slightest cross contamination is dire or even fatal.

If you want the best job done it is still worth doing, if post will ship the kits and cost is not a priority, otherwise just send off your films.

Main holding tank temp is critical as well and needs to e maintained accurately. A

• Advertisement
Advertisement