Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probably a very stupid question

Options
  • 13-10-2012 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭

Wel las the title suggests I realise this is probably a stupid question but I can't find any concrete information.

If I've already applied twice to the IEC from Ireland is it possible for me to apply through the UK as I hold a passport for both countries?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Your passport is irrelevant as there are restrictions in place for people who are not residents in the country there applying from.

I know the Irish IEC program requires you reside in Ireland for 18 months in the 3 years prior to you application.

So if you haven't been living in the UK you wont be eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

NoelAPM wrote: »
    Your passport is irrelevant as there are restrictions in place for people who are not residents in the country there applying from.

I know the Irish IEC program requires you reside in Ireland for 18 months in the 3 years prior to you application.

So if you haven't been living in the UK you wont be eligible.

Hi, thanks for the response.

I realise that part would be an issue, however I'm planning to live in the UK for a while after my visa is up and was just considering the option for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

If you'll have been twice so for 2 years you would qualify for cec visa to get PR if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

bstar wrote: »
    If you'll have been twice so for 2 years you would qualify for cec visa to get PR if you wanted.

Don't I need two years of skilled work for that anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

The criteria is changing in January to say you can apply for the CEC with one year of skilled work experience.
    It is expected to be announced in early January the exact new terms

• Advertisement
Advertisement